“Great food in a fun atmosphere ”

Aunt Chiladas Squaw Peak
Order Online
Ranked #96 of 3,609 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: Come join this family owned Mexican Food Restaurant for a true taste of Arizona Mexican Delights! Best of Phoenix Magazines Peoples' choice, Best Restaurant, Best Chips and Salsa, Best Margarita! Bocce Ball tournament every Tuesday at 7:30pm!
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Aunt Chilada’s is a fun place to visit that has great food. My wife and I visited here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Their chips are very good, and if you like hot salsa, be sure to ask for theirs. It is very good. I had the chicken fajitas which were excellent. My wife had a combo of a chicken enchilada and a guacamole tostado. This also was very good. Both dishes were large leaving us with great leftovers for later!! I highly recommend visiting Aunt Chilada’s for a super meal.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (478)

Reviewed February 12, 2019

A couple of work associates got together for lunch and decided to try Aunt Chiladas again. Haven't been there for many years. It wasn't busy, nor excellent. Some lunch specials by we opted for the Polo Fundido. Only fair. Should have tried a new dish. This did not measure up to other good Fundido's……..

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

The presentation is good, the food looks delicious, but it tastes bland, with no Mexican “kick” at all. It’s an American version of Mexican food. The chips are very good, they taste freshly made, then the salsa is a let down, nothing but chopped tomatoes, green tasteless peppers, and onion. I could eat a gallon of that salsa and not even get a tingle in my throat. The entrees are the same, somewhat tasty, but bland, bland, bland. I won’t go back.

Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

Aunt Chilada’s was delicious! The queso was literally the best I’ve ever had & the food came out in a timely manner & was delicious! I’d definitely eat here again!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

Food was okay, hostesses are in dire need of training (we were told there were no tables available, we ended up sitting in the bar and watching three tables remain empty the entire evening, another three opened up and stayed empty-hosts were unconcerned); waited for service or even acknowledgement by waiters for about 15 minutes then asked two servers for help, one said it was not his table, the other just shook her head at us and kept walking. We finally moved to sit directly at the bar and received great service there but a lot of decision making by a few employees that begged for a “Bar Rescue” intervention! Food was average and NOT WORTH the evening of chaos.
Side note is that several families were letting their children play tag throughout the entire restaurant and bar. We and other patrons were run into and jostled. I know the parents were irresponsible, but at some point a managers responsibility is to step in.
We had heard so much about this place, but will not return.

Date of visit: January 2019