“An adequate visit - on a good day.”

Aunt Chilada's Squaw Peak
Ranked #97 of 3,116 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix, Arizona
“An adequate visit - on a good day.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I try to pick a restaurant when I have visitors from out of town. That was the purpose for going to this restaurant. We needed a nice place to take pictures and good food. Even though this was not an easy find at first, once we found it, we were happy we did. We went on Cinco de Mayo, not by choice, just happenstance.

There was live music out on the patio and the parking lot was full. Ten minute wait. The restaurant has a nice Mexican ambiance. Unfortunately, the old, dated décor actually is old and outdated - not decorated that way. Once finding this out was a personal let down even though my guests could not tell the difference since they are from a different part of the world. The food was good and adequate. Nothing extra special or diverse to the palate. Worthy of mention was their corn chips and salsa. They not only had corn tortillas but also ones made of flour and soft. Our visit made for an enjoyable afternoon.

I do like other restaurants better. My favorite was closed this day and that’s why it was chosen. I would visit again if my favorite was closed, which usually is on a Sunday.

• Visited May 2013

Garden City, NY
“Great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We walked here from our hotel & ate outside. Great outdoor patio with a Bocci Ball court that kept the kids entertained. Excellent frozen margaritas & delicious Mexican food. Large portions! Kids menu available. Loved it & would go again.

1 Thank Joanonthego
Cedar City, Utah, United States
“Aunt Chilada's = Enchalads?”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Good deal and fun. Outside it reminded me of Costa Rica with the doves calling. Food was good and wait staff took good care of us. Pricing was reasonable and food was good.

Olympia, Washington
“Nice and unique Mexican food.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the only Mexican restaurant that I have ever visited that serves both corn and flour chips. I love it! That alone for me makes it great! The food is very good and I would recommend trying the beef fajitas, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“The Best Margarita I've ever had!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I attended a cooking class hosted by Tiffany. It was a lot of fun. Tiffany and the rest of the staff were so much fun!! The food was great and we had a blast. I would definitely come back here when visiting Scottsdale again.

• Visited April 2013