“Excellent food and great service - and dog friendly, too!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aunt Chilada's Squaw Peak

Aunt Chilada's Squaw Peak
Ranked #90 of 3,035 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camelback East
San Diego, California
“Excellent food and great service - and dog friendly, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We chose this restaurant as it was listed as dog friendly and were visiting Phoenix with our pup. There was a wedding reception that was taking up much of the interior and we knew we had to sit outside (because of the pup) but it had gotten quite cold. The staff went into action, moving tables around and bringing 2 huge heaters next to our table. The food did not disappoint! We all ordered enchiladas of some type and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I gained 3 lbs - it was huge!!

I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Phoenix. I typically stay away from chain restaurants but I will make an exception for Aunt Chilada's!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Arizona
“Best place around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are staying at the nearby Point Squaw Peak this is an excellent choice. You can walk from the hotel as it is just across the street. The restaurant reminds me of Old Town in San Diego with a lot of atmosphere. The patio would have been my choice but our party of 12 was seated inside. A big disappointment because we would have all enjoyed the outdoor music which we could not hear from inside.

Everyone enjoyed their meal and some might say average for Mexican food but we all enjoyed ours very much. The chips and salsa were great and so were our drinks from the bar.

Overall I would say a great choice for a family meal especially if you are staying at the hotel.

western ny state
“Good authentic Mexican.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Busy spot on a Saturday evening. Funky atmosphere. Food wasn't exceptional nor was the presentation but it was good. Maybe the place had been busy all day so that would account for the bathroom needing a cleaning. Kinda made me worry about the conditions in the kitchen.

Chicago, IL Suburbs
“Great Service - Excellent Out Door Patio - Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had a nice dinner this past week at Aunt Chilada's with the family. We were seated outdoors on the patio. As the evening progressed the temperature dropped a bit making it cold, but the bus person quickly moved an infrared heater near the table which kept us nicely warm. the ambience on the patio is excellent.

Our family had a variety of mexican style dishes, while I would not call it gourmet mexican, it was hot fresh and tasted great. My wife and I also had the hand tossed margaritias. They are served in a mixer and each one iis really about two drinks. We had the Patron version and they were great.

Service was excellent and we had a wonderful evening outdoors under the stars. Not the experience we could have this time of year back in Chicago!

1 Thank becandl
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very elegant place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

the location was great, the food was great, the atmosphere was relaxing, Serve was attentive meal was very hot and delivered with the up most fashion.

1 Thank smitht113