“GREAT THAI FOOD!! SUPER VALUE”
Review of Krua Thai

Krua Thai
Ranked #414 of 3,646 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed May 22, 2016

We have been here several times for lunch now - the lunch special menu is reasonable and contains quite a few options...it's small and popular, so if you go at popular times, you have to be aware you may have to wait a bit....Service is efficient and quick, food has always been fresh and excellent, from the soup to entrees to tea....can't recommend it more highly!

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed April 7, 2016

I always have done take out from this restaurant. Food always good and ready for pick up on time. Good value for money and great on the reheat next day. Owner and staff always friendly and polite

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Love, Love this place. I'm a green curry fan, it is up there in my faves! And the peanut sauce is delish, as well as the Thai Tea. Food is always fresh, staff most friendly, if you love Thai, stop in!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed January 28, 2016

We went here on a Saturday afternoon for late lunch. We were expecting an empty restaurant at this time, but Krua Thai was almost full -- we took that as a good sign. The food was fresh, flavorful and absolutely wonderful. The service was attentive, and our server was very sweet. The levels of heat were true to form -- usually when I order "medium" (at other restaurants), I end up with something closer to mild. Medium at Krua Thai was a perfect level -- not mild, nice kick, but not overwhelming for my taste. My husband ordered his meal Thai Hot, and he was pleasantly surprised by the heat without sacrificing the taste.
Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return to this gem!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed November 5, 2015

Nothing fancy, this strip-mall Thai place was recommended by an online review. My brother and I were in a hurry and we thought it would be better than chain food but not too expensive. We entered to find the restaurant had about 10 tables/booths, maybe 12, and only two or three were occupied. Clean and cozy but certainly not upscale, the decor was not going to be the primary draw but was certainly acceptable.
We ordered soups and main courses. Our waitress was quite friendly and made sure we understood what the levels of "hot" meant from not at all to Thai native hot. We didn't order drinks and thus cannot comment on them.
My hot and sour soup was homemade heaven. No corn starch, not the packaged pre-cut tofu chunks; this was hot broth filled with unique and exquisite flavor, some julienned veggies put in to add color, texture and pleasure. My brother went more basic, the wonton soup, and he raved about it actually being flavorful too and not just basic salty chicken broth like so many Asian restaurants.
Our entrees were excellent; I ordered one of the house specialties, a red curry with some chicken and a few choice veggies in. My brother had a wonderful beef dish. Both of us commented on the homemade nature of the sauces, the nice way everything was cut and the presentation. Flavors were rich and interesting. I had the hot (level below Thai hot) and it was just right for this hardened tongue; my brother had the medium and it was definitely a notch below mine. Both of us were highly pleased and satisfied. Meal came to about $20 each plus tip. NOTE: soup bowls were decent sized so don't think you'll be able to pound down soup, appetizer, a meal and dessert unless you just crawled in from the desert.
A great surprise. Next time I'm in Phoenix, I'll be sure to hit this place when not loading up on Mexican food.

Date of visit: November 2015