“Great lunch spot for a little trip from Scottsdale” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pane Bianco
Ranked #331 of 3,035 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Encanto
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Great lunch spot for a little trip from Scottsdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

After searching several food locations for our first visit to Scottsdale, I convinced my husband to make the journey with our 4 year old son. The location is deceptive as most parking is in the rear, which made my husband think it was empty and we may not stop. In the end, he said, "I stand corrected, this place is great!"

My son, just woke from a nap and i was showing him the brick "igloo" oven when The owner saw us and led my son and I to the kitchen where the magic happens. How cool to hear about the food from him! They only serve sandwiches at lunch because the heat of the one oven maintains 600 degrees. At dinner, it jumps to 800 to correctly make the pizzas. We had the market sandwich, the special focaccia for my son and caprese for my husband. A quick stop next door at Lux coffee and it made for a fun adventure

• Visited May 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“The BEST sandwiches ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

All ingredients are the best available and the bread is baked in a wood fired oven. We usually p/u to take home, but there is a casual dining room and outdoor picnic tables. We also love the soups and the pizzas.

• Visited April 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
“Terrific lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Chris Bianco has enjoyed his rightful place for over ten years in the top echelon of pizzaiolos in the country. While the competition has significantly stiffened with new spots opening seemingly daily in all parts of the country, all boasting house made mozzarella, “OO” flour, cold dough fermentation, and San Marzano tomatoes off the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius (or was that Mt. Etna?), Pizzeria Bianco still is one of the best—anywhere. Now he has opened a new place to serve the northern central business district. The place is casual, split between a takeout section and an eat-in section. There are some picnic-style tables in front, so you don’t have to take your food too far. The menu for lunch is mainly sandwiches, prepared on house made focaccia, and salads, saving the pizzas and a few pastas for the evening. The décor is eclectic with well-worn antique tables and sideboards, and interesting collectable pieces all around. Prices are low to moderate, and well worth the visit for food prepared by a real local professional.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, VA
“Causaul dining at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The bread here is fabulous, so any sandwich they make here will be wonderful! They had a lamb special that they put on a bed of lettuce for me, and that made me happy. The waiter was excellent and attentive.

The second time we had a meal here, my husband loved the pizza with the beer selection. I wasn't crazy about the gnocchi alla romana, but maybe that's not fair since I am not a big gnocchi fan and the women server wasn't very enthusiastic about describing the dishes ----so I picked the gnocchi out of default.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix AZ
“Another Bianco great restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had the chance to dine at Pane Bianco-the food is awesome! This is not a romantic setting by any merans, but you will not be disappointed with the food! Wine list is good as well.

• Visited December 2012