“This is One Classy Sandwich Place”
Review of Pane Bianco

Pane Bianco
Ranked #382 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Encanto
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Best. Sandwiches. Ever. Fire roasted bread, house-made mozzarella. You can taste the love that goes into this food.The menu selection is small but each sandwich is beyond excellent, I had the house special this time which was pancetta, fontina cheese and apricot preserves, SO good, my husband had his usual mozzarella, tomato and basil as he loves it so much he never orders anything else. Pane Bianco is always a mandatory lunch stop whenever we come through Phoenix.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I had dinner Valentine's Day 2012. We were excited to try the place since it is walking distance from our house. When we arrived at the restaurant there was two other couples seated eating their dinner. It was around 7:00pm. When we entered the restaurant, we were seated and the waiter took our order. He didn't say anything about our arrival time being a problem. But shortly afterward, our waiter informed us that they were closing early and they were going to serve all of our food at once. They brought out our appetizer, pizzas, and desserts out all at the same time.

While the food was good quality, but their prices suggest they think highly of themselves. But it would have been better if it was served at the proper temperatures; the pizza started to cool because it was served with our appetizer. As for the ambiance, it is an attractive dining room and since It was Valentine’s Day and we were hoping for a casual romantic Valentine's Day Dinner. Instead we had to hurry to eat our food before it got cold. The wait staff made us feel very uncomfortable; like they were kicking out of the place. If they didn't have time or want to serve us, they just should have let us know that it was a problem and given us the option to leave or carry our food out. I realize that the pizza is supposed to be the same as the pizza from the “famed” Pizzeria Bianca but that doesn’t give you license to be rude to your customers.

I have tried giving them another chance, but every time I’ve stopped there for lunch or dinner the place this place has random hours/closures. I've stopped by for lunch on a weekday. They were closed. I checked their website and they say they are closed for dinner in the summer, but recently we were out walking we noticed that they were open for dinner. So I tried stopping in on Friday night to pick up a pizza for carry out and it closed. There are other places that have pizza just as good as this place without the pretentiousness and inconvenience of showing up to a closed restaurant. I doubt I will even try to go back and I have no desire to visit any other their other restaurants if this is the way they operate.

1  Thank Focusgirl
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A hidden gem from chris bianco. Open for lunch only, this is your chance to get his great food without having to wait for hours at pizzeria bianco! Fresh mozzarella, local ingredients, great tastes!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Sit inside or out at shaded picnic tables. Or, take out. An eclectic mix of lunchers, from yoga moms to business people. Salads, sandwiches, soup. Simple menu, yet delicious fare. Finish your meal off with an Italian ice!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stopped by for a sandwich after our friends told us about this place and loved it. The outdoor seating was comfortable and food delish. Great spot for a bite in Phoenix. I wish they would offer lemonade maybe and have more flavors of italian ice (they ran out) but overall, great spot.