“Love this restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Goodyear, Arizona
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our lunch bunch (14 of us) met here yesterday. Although the hostess was not happy that 2 extra people showed up, she was able to accommodate us. Our waiter, Santino, was delightful and very helpful. We tried many different dishes, and everyone raved about the food from Mexican sea bass, shrimp, veal and lasagna. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. We were told they don't do separate checks, but Santino did provide each of us with our own. It was way beyond his call of duty. Did I mention that the prices are more than reasonable. All 14 of us are going back!

• Visited February 2014

New York City, New York
“Something smells fishy here”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I don't really care if both the USA today and The New York Times find this place great (it would be interesting to know how long ago this happened, I'm guessing quite a while), our visit was not a pleasant one. It starts with the hostess' insistence to lecture us about the virtues of making reservations. Reluctantly, she agrees to give us our table of choice, even though more than half the tables are empty at lunch time. Our server promptly shows up and recites the specials of which we pick two different fishes: Trout almondine and Grilled Bass. Entrees come with soup or salad, we choose one of each and they are both acceptable quality. We are now ready for the main attraction. Oh-oh the Bass stinks! When I point this out, the server immediately replies the fish was brought in fresh this morning. I ask for a trout replacement and that too is smelly, not pleasantly, mind you! At this point I give up and know that we are not coming back to this place. No matter how cheap it is.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Greek Diner in Italian Clothing”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I read the Tripadvisor reviews of this restaurant and thought why not? However there were a few bad ones and now I know to take those seriously. Christo's is primarily for the early bird crowd without the low prices. The food from the get-go was sub par. I've had much better chicken egg soup in Greek diners and it is a Greek soup that comes with the meal. First I ordered cannelloni, prepared with ground veal and spinach and told it was traditionally prepared. It was, in fact, a crepe, stuffed with this tasteless mess of ground veal and spinach (no other binders) and covered with a ladle full of marinara. It was vile and sent back. The next dish I tried was the Cristo veal dish, named for the owner. It was described in the menu as veal cutlet with mushrooms, shrimp, and crab in a cream sauce. I was hungry by this time and ate enthusiastically until I found some odd flat pieces in the dish. I didn't see anything that looked like crabmeat. The manager admitted it was imitation crab. At $17.00, the menu should not say crab when there is none. I didn't eat this dish either. So read the rave reviews and weigh them with the negative ones, carefully. Wish we had. However, it was busy with the regulars!

1 Thank Cheryl H
Kelowna, Canada
“Old School Italian”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This weekend was our first visit to Christo's and we were blown away by the experience. They worked the reservation system to take care of us on short notice. The food portions were huge, the Osso Bucco and Chilean Seabass were exceptional. Good wine selection and great service from the waiters and staff. Can't wait to revisit.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Solid Meal”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a good neighborhood restaurant, then Christo 's fills the bill. The portion sizes & prices are terrific. Don't expect white glove service, but rest assured the service will be just fine. We will repeat.