“Nothing has changed since 1980”
Review of UNCLE Sam's

UNCLE Sam's
Ranked #702 of 3,086 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Soups
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“Nothing has changed since 1980”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I visited this place all the time from 1980 to 2012 when I moved away. They food is and always excellent. I kid you not when I say not one thing has changed inside thus place from 1980 to my last visit jan 2014. The bad thing goung on was bathrooms were closed with no explanation just instructions to walk to the bar in the strip mall behind the place. The food as stated above was great with that said it needs to be gutted freshened up updated and cleaned from head to toe before I would recomend to anyone.

• Visited January 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“If you want bar food, this is your place.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Uncle Sam's is a good place to catch a game. They have a large menu, but it is just really just bar food. If that is what you are in the mood for then try Uncle Sam's.

• Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Valid coupons....nah we don't take em....thanks for coming though...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family really likes uncle sams. It is kind of pricey for 5 of us so we decided to go there the other day because I had a coupon out of the entertainment book. ( I am a big couponer) We really picked the restaurant because I had a $10 of coupon or we would have went somewhere else. (we sometimes get kids meals and just so you know they are like 6 or 7 bucks. One of the highest prices around. My kids are older so sometimes we do just get pizza to share) So anyway the coupon says their name on it. Uncle Sams, it said it was good until november, and it had their specific address on it (it was the one on 83rd ave). So already get drinks and order food and we have been sitting there a bit.... I say to the waitress oh by the way we have this coupon. She takes it and leaves for awhile and comes back and says the manager says we haven't take those in a long time. I mean what are we going to do leave??? So we had to talk to the manager and all this stuff because we think it is ridiculous that it has their name, address and a future exp and they won't take it. Why have the coupon in the entertainment book to begin with. Really it almost seems like bait and switch. They get you in there get you in there with the coupon, you are in the midst of eating and you don't find out until its too late they won't take it. So anyway if you plan on going to the restaurant with one of those entertainment book coupons they probably aren't going to take it.....I am griping I just have never had a place do that before....their food is pretty good, you just can't do that to customers. It just gives the customer a poor feeling about your place....I have my own little business and I would never do that...its like well my names on it, my address is on it, it expires in 4 months...well I don't take it......the good rating above is for the food...

• Visited July 2013
“Lousy management”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have eaten at Uncle Sam’s periodically since 1991. Today was my last time. We attempted to use a discount card that was purchased from a high school fundraiser. I handed the server the card when I ordered. Only after we were done eating she came over with the check and informed us that we couldn’t use the card as the single Pepsi didn’t count towards the “food order.” I had the manager come over and all he did was to argue and tell me that he would get fired if he gave the small discount as it was the “owner’s orders.” I asked if they were willing to lose a customer over having the proper purchase amount but being just $2.00 short in the “food cost.” He essentially told me that if that was how I felt he couldn’t do anything about it “owner’s orders.” If they are so absurdly adamant the card should have been more legible as I couldn’t read the fine print even with reading glasses, and the server should have informed me of the fact when I ordered not after the meal was consumed. Any business that is willing to lose a customer over a few cents doesn’t deserve to be in business. (The soft drinks are a huge profit margin for them, so the inflexible policy is inane.)

On another note the sandwiches are quite good although I can easily make a better Philly Cheese stake at home. The pizza and wings are merely average. IF you want far better wings go, to Sardella’s.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank SJL4
Mazatlan
“Bring your appetite or be prepared to share”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I still can't believe how huge the portions are at this place! Wow! The service is awesome, but the place is a little hectic and busy. It can be sensory overload. We were eight people and the staff assisted in combining tables and finding chairs at the height of the dinner rush. My Italian Sausage sandwich was excellent was was everyone's food. We all left with doggie bags.

• Visited March 2013