“Dinner served until 10pm, very nice and family friendly”

Phoenix City Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Phoenix City Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,134 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: Phoenix City Grille is a central Phoenix institution, having opened in 1997. Nestled in the heart of the Madison neighborhood at 16th street and Bethany Home Road, Phoenix City Grille was built in the style of the old town tavern. It's a comfortable place for meeting friends where you can count on delicious food at reasonable prices. Whether gathering with friends for happy happy hour, meeting clients for a business lunch, treating your special someone to a romantic dinner, or entertaining larger groups in our private dining room,Phoenix City Grille is a great destination. Find out why people from all over the valley visit this cozy neighborhood tavern. Join us today at Phoenix City Grille. If you are interested in booking parties larger than 20 people, please call us directly.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for dinner at 9pm on Friday night. Amazingly the place was not busy and the food very tasty and not too expensive. The appetizer plate was very small and did not make a meal (as they do in some places), so order a side salad or the eqgplant crisps. The shredded beef chili relleno is most nice, for sure have one, it is not too spicy.

jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Glad you stopped in for a late night dinner...Glad we were able to provide a nice experience for you.

Please stop back in and join us again when you have a chance.

There are newer reviews for Phoenix City Grille

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was in town for business and based on the Trip Advisor App and reviews, I drove about 10 miles to this restaurant for dinner. I wasn't really hungry so I ordered 2 items from the "small bites" section.

The hummus was the best I have every eaten! It was enough for 4 people, but I hate half of it! I also ordered the beef/chicken grilled skewers. The flavor was amazing! I wish I had time to eat their more than once. The food was off the charts! Great service and quiet, low light atmosphere; very relaxing place!

Candie,

Thanks for visiting us on your recent trip to Phoenix. We're thrilled you had such a nice experience. If you ever come back to Phoenix, please stop in again and say hello.

Safe travels.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have dined at the Phoenix City Grille many times, and although the menu has been tweaked over the years, it remains one of our favorites. The planked salmon is always delicious; the griddled corn cakes are always yummy. However, there is no house salad on the menu, although it is listed in combination with other items, and my husband still misses the pot roast--short ribs are NOT the same.
If you are looking for a very good meal in a quiet and civilized setting (and gratefully not a cell phone in sight) with attentive and prompt service, the Phoenix City Grille is a wonderfully reliable choice.

jfpphoenix, Owner at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

JARPhx,

Thanks so much for the generous review. Our menu is always a work in progress and we are always trying to improve it and give our customers what they tell us they want.

We'll pass along to the chef the Pot Roast note.

Thanks for dining with us over the years.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Best neighborhood restaurant by far! The restaurant has an intimate ambience, warm and friendly staff, fabulous owners. Menu selection is eclectic and everything I've ever had is delicious. Also a lovely wine selection. A favorite spot for business and leisure meetings.

jfpphoenix, Front Office Manager at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Arizona Girl 56,

WOW. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You understand what we are trying to be, a warm friendly place that serves delicious food and serves as a comfort spot for the neighborhood.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Couples night with my cousin, and we decided that this restaurant would be the perfect midpoint for dinner. I have not been to the Grille in about 5 years. The first time was happy hour drinks and appetizers and I remember the apps were awesome. So, we tried the dinner. I ordered a pasta dinner which was awesome! My husband had short ribs, my cousin had bbq ribs and her spouse ordered cedar plank salmon. My cousin had to return her ribs because they were extremely dry. My husband's ribs looked beautifully but had no flavor - he still ate them all. The salmon dish must have been good because it disappeared as well. I had a mojito drink that was delicious. My cousin ordered the same and her drink tasted totally different than mine - she returned it as well. One thing that I can say, is that the waitress was prompt, polite, dealt with the returns as well as our humor very well. She looked all of 21 years old. The restaurant was nice enough to comp us 2 free desserts because of the returns. The desserts were absolutely delicious, fattening, and both disappeared between the four of us. So , the four stars due to the return of a dinner and a drink, but technically, could be 5 stars because of service and wanting you to come back.

Dear Diane,
We're sorry that you had to return a dinner and drink, but happy that it all seemed to work out and you had a pleasant experience.

Thanks for thinking of us but please don't take 5 years to return again.