“Love this place!”

Phoenix City Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Phoenix City Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,086 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: Phoenix City Grille is a central Phoenix institution, having opened in 1997. Nestled in the heart of the Madison neighborhood at 16th street and Bethany Home Road, Phoenix City Grille was built in the style of the old town tavern. It's a comfortable place for meeting friends where you can count on delicious food at reasonable prices. Whether gathering with friends for happy happy hour, meeting clients for a business lunch, treating your special someone to a romantic dinner, or entertaining larger groups in our private dining room,Phoenix City Grille is a great destination. Find out why people from all over the valley visit this cozy neighborhood tavern. Join us today at Phoenix City Grille. If you are interested in booking parties larger than 20 people, please call us directly.
San Francisco, California
“Love this place!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Try the Salmon on the cedar plank.
Always my favorite!
They have a great selection of gluten free and vegetarian foods as well.
The staff is really friendly.
Great wines too.

Visited September 2012
jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words about Phoenix City Grille. We appreciate it when customers take the time to share their thoughts with us.

Please come see us again.

London, United Kingdom
“Go there”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have food allergies but this was not a problem - waitress couldnt have been more helpful. We visited twice on a weekly visit to Phoenix from the UK - the pot roast is to die for, ribs are amazing and steak cuts like butter. Would highly recommend a visit - best place we ate - just wish I could have brought the pot roast home !!!!

• Visited September 2012
jfpphoenix, Front Office Manager at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Wow...Such great reviews from someone in the UK. How great is that. We are really glad that you enjoyed our Pot Roast...Next time, we'll box some up for you :-)

Safe Travels.
Phoenix, AZ
“A place where the locals frequent”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Been here numerous times over the years and it is consistently good. Nice selection to choose from, and always well presented. My lunchcompanion ordered the salmon which she said was delicious, and would still be talking about it into next week! I opted for the roasted beet salad with grilled chicken. I know....booorrring. But the greens were fresh, the chicken grilled to perfection, and best of all, the salad wasn't swimming in dressing.

We split a piece of the peach cobbler cheesecake. Our taste buds were absolutely jumping for joy. It was to die for!

Lots of locals frequent this place - an often. It's located in a strip mall in an area that is undergoing a revitalization. Don't let that stop you from trying this place. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Thank you for the kind words and nice thoughts about Phoenix City Grille.

We are glad you enjoyed the Peach Cheesecake...This month we have pumpkin, maybe you would enjoy that...
phoenix, arizona
“First trip to PCG”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I recently moved to the area around this restaurant. Friends suggested that I try it.I would recommend trying it on date night
Seemed dark and romantic. I brought my 8year old and was worried when I noticed there was no children's menu. Our amazing waitress asked my son what he wanted for dinner. She told us that the kitchen would make whatever he wanted. She also helped my husband choose a vegan dish. Since there were none on the menu the kitchen made his to order.I had the chicken sandwich with black bean soup. Soup was a bit spicy but with excellent flavor. Service was above and beyond expectations.

jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for stopping in and giving us a try.

We're glad that we were able to make your 8 year old and your husband happy by making them something that met their tastes.

We hope that now you are a neighbor, you'll stop in and see us again sometime soon.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I like the atmosphere-friendly and welcoming. The food is very good and I especially like the corn cake with chicken and black beans.

Visited June 2012
jfpphoenix, Public Relations Manager at Phoenix City Grille, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Betty,

Glad you had a nice experience with us...

Hope to see you again.