“A fun English pub”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Encanto
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place isn't fancy, but it's a fun bar with excellent fish and chips. They have a wide selection of good drinks and a very British menu (but the peas were not mushy peas, they were still green).

There are newer reviews for George & Dragon Restaurant

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This was a fun place to just chill and have a beer. While here had the turkey club. Wasn't the best but I have had much worse the server was quick and kept the order flowing. It was trivia night so a bit loud. Overal I enjoyed my visit here. My second and defiantly won't be my last

Reviewed March 27, 2013

this is a pure English place. Fish & Chips are a given, go on Friday all you can eat. The clam chowder was the surprise, it is thick and warming and full of clams, not potatoes. The Shepherd's Pie is also a winner as are their British beers

1  Thank ajfred
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I eat here every time we visit Phoenix. We love the atmosphere and the food. We always get there right when they open, and the service is prompt and pleasant. We ate there yesterday; I had the fish and chips, and he had the Cornish pasty. The fish has a tasty, crisp breading, and is flaky and tender on the inside. The fries are huge and perfectly crisp. The coleslaw is great - we both agree that it is some of the best coleslaw we've had. The pasty was also delicious; it came with mashed potatoes and gravy, and we loved it. We will definitely continue to make George and Dragon a regular lunch place for our trips.

1  Thank Danielle P
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Always fun for darts, pool and people watching. Feels like an authentic European pub. The juke box often doesn't play the songs you select or they're too behind for you to hear them.