“Just Plain Terrible”

Neighborhood: Camelback East
Calgary, Canada
“Just Plain Terrible”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I try to be constructive in my reviews but this one is very easy for me; DO NOT EAT HERE. I was at the north Scottsdale location just off of Frank Lloyd Wright and Loop 101. I don't know how the six valley locations stay open. I tried this place over ten years ago and it was terrible. I went back for the first time today and was equally disappointed. Bland, over priced and just not good food. No issues with the service but just don't eat here. So many more choices out there.

• Visited June 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My 2 sisters, mom, sister-in-law and I all went here for a Mother's Day dinner, it was about a 15 minute wait, the staff and waiters were very friendly and very helpful, slight order problem for my sister, but the waiter was on top of it, gave her the right order and let her take the wrong ordered item home.... The chips, salsa, and bean dip were good, the margaritas and beer were decent prices, the mexican pizza is to die for!! we were all happy with the quality of the food as well as the service, we will be back to visit, restaurant was warm, culturally decorated, clean, and a cool atmosphere...

Phoenix, Arizona
“got sick from something”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We both ordered the same thing the Taco plate. We go to Arriba at another location all the time and never an issue. We have been to this place 1 other time and same problem. My girlfriend felt fine for a few hours after eating and then wammo vomited (alot). The same thing occured a year ago from this same location. Diry dishes? Undercooked food? Who knows.

Georgia
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My friends who are locals took me here. I was impressed by the variety of the specials. This was real Mexican type cooking and not the ordinary tex-mex. The staff was well trained and very helpful. The menu lists how hot a dish is but I found the two pepper rating to be more mild than I thought it would be.

Anaheim, California
“Arriba Mexican Grill”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were visiting Phoenix area and staying at Homewood Suites in Biltmore area in middle of April 2013. Our Hotel staff recommended this place to us. We went there for dinner and this place was well decorated. We were seated right away. Their chips and salsa were very taste with little kick. The menu was extensive. The margarita was excellent. The food was very delicious and good in quantities. The service was Okay. When we order the food the waiter were asking us for extra items like sour cream and Guacamole without telling us the cost of the items he was asking about. We have to pay way extra for those items. He didn't mention the cost of the items before hand. Besides this, this is a great place for dinner or lunch. We were happy to have dinner there and we will return if we have a chance to visit the area again in future. They also have more branches but we ate at this location. We were stuffed at this place. We highly recommend his place.

• Visited April 2013