“Great place ... Visit the 1950's”

Mary Coyle Ol’ Fashion Ice Cream
Ranked #14 of 84 Dessert in Phoenix
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Great place ... Visit the 1950's”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I found this place. The staff, for the girls, Bobbie socks, long skirts and blouses. For the men now ties and white shirts and slacks. This was no Ed Debevics that Phoenix used to have; that place played on the stereo type of rude and bad service . This place however was nice, and the ice cream was good along with the food. The dining room had no frills so do not expect "death by retro" hanging on the wall. We will be back and I have marked this as one of my saves.

phoenix
“Terrible service”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Teenage employees seemed uninterested in customer service. The ice cream is ok. The main attraction, I'd guess, is the idea that you're going to an old fashioned ice cream shop.

“Good”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been to this place quite a few times over the years and the ice cream in pretty good. They have a big menu to choose from and don't thing I have had anything I didn't like. However, Since they have changed ownership...I have noticed other things:

The service is very unfriendly. They have a bunch of kids running the place. They are soooooo rude. They sit there cursing very loudly and talking about their sexual relationships in front of customers...there are always little children there and I feel so bad for their parents. They are also rude at the table and act like it's an inconveniece to serve us and fill our drinks. It would be one thing if it were one time...but they constantly do this everytime I we go in. They are sooooo rude.
Also, The atmoshere isn't as good as it used to be, they downgraded furniture and the place looks like a dump. Then again I have been to many oldies parlors and the bar is set pretty high on atmosphere. This place is usually pretty dirty and they keep it looking dumpy. It's a shame...the other people ran it better.

• Visited January 2013
“Double Dip”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is what a real ice cream parlor looks like. You walk in a its cool and fresh with ice cream selections that are overwhelming. Get the big one to share and everyone is happy.

Visited June 2012
“Family fave!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Mary Coyle has had the family business for years and we go there at least once a month for ice cream. I am glad to see that they decided to stay in business and keep it in the family. After a big great together with the extended family -this a place where we treat ourselves to ice cream

• Visited November 2011