“Average food quality, but very friendly and helpful staff”

Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 3,132 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street, 3/4 mile south of Thunderbird Rd.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Since we stayed on the resort I decided to try out the pub while the NHL playoff was going on.

There wasn't anything special about the pub, but the staff was very friendly. I tried the tacos and they were reasonably good, and was reasonably priced.

However, their TV was not hooked up with the audio system for reasons I don't recall. So me and a bunch of other patrons who were there to watch the game didn't have the best experience, but it definitely wasn't a major issue.

All in all the food was mediocre, but the staff was friendly and prompt for all requests.

There are newer reviews for Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our server, Hector, was friendly, and is recommendations were spot-on. My flank steak was done exactly how I like it. Other 2 meals were the recommended beef short ribs, which were fork tender, and a chicken pasta dish which I didn't sample but my Mom ate heartily and enjoyed. Our meals were served promptly and arrived hot and fresh. With 2 draft beers, three dinners were $75.00, not too bad actually for good food and a lovely setting, great service, and friendly helpful staff.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a decent breakfast and very good service. Liked the buffet with the ability to order from the kitchen as well.
Dinner experience was not so good. Ate in the bar. About two minutes after my salad arrived (I am not kidding) my main dish (hot) arrived. I commented that I felt rushed that I was still eating my salad. I was told that the plate was hot so my dish would be just fine. She must have seen my turnip wagon parked out front. More than twice one of the wait staff tried to take my plate before i was finished. It wasn't like I was keeping another customer from having a place to eat, but they made me feel very rushed.
The entree was barley average. It came without any side item like a vegetable. I travel quite a bit around the US and mostly eat at higher end restaurants. This place gave me the feeling that it is into providing small, less than average quality servings and overcharging.
For breakfast it was great. I would not go back. or recommend it for dinner.

1  Thank OCGordon
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here several times for breakfast and lunch. They set up a buffet for breakfast and it's pretty nice. We missed the Easter brunch but understand that it was pretty amazing. It's a solid restaurant, but unless you were staying at the hotel I wouldn't go out of the way to eat here.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ate lunch here after a round of golf. Huge dark place with lots of wood panelling. Service a bit slow from the get go. Started with the Calamari and Mizuna salad which didn't come with any mizuna and no explanation as to why this was just a plate of calamari. Nothing special about the calamari - just OK. Ahi tostados were perfectly seared, colourful, could have used a bit more lime/tanginess. All that colour had led me to believe there would be more flavour. Seems pricey but we got 20% off with our golf scorecard.

1  Thank Lexi99