“Consistantly Incredible!”
Review of Durant's

Durant's
Reserve with OpenTable
Durant's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,103 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Encanto
Cross street: Virginia
Bend
“Consistantly Incredible!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The first time I was taken to Durant’s, I had never heard of the place. My good friend Tracy took me and a couple of others to this place, parked in a downtown parking lot and ushered us in through the kitchen! Everyone is friendly, which considering how busy they are is amazing in and of itself. Once inside the restaurant, you are transported back 50 years. The décor is wonderfully mid century, nice overstuffed booths and dark wood paneling. This place is gorgeous! The bar is a showpiece and well staffed and ready to service our cocktail needs immediately while they prepare our table. My first visit was such an overwhelming experience, seeing the history of the place, the amazing smells coming from the kitchen and the outstanding service…well it was a great initial experience. In many visits to Phoenix following I return over and over again and have never had even the slightest issue. Repeating that wonderful experience and knowing that I can take friends and business associates there without concern is always a treat. You just have to enjoy the steaks, whichever style you prefer, the beef in this place is near perfection. The sides are all wonderful and I can assure you will not leave hungry. This is a mainstay of old downtown Phoenix but it is at the very top of my list. And I am always looking forward to my next visit!

• Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
USA
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I grew up in Phoenix, but hadn't been to Durant's in 15 years. I was more than impressed on my recent return visit. I was pleased right off the bat, walking through the bustling kitchen, feeling the heat from the grill and drinking in the intoxicating smell of great steaks cooking. The atmosphere is old school in the extreme, but it does not feel worn or tired. The place was hopping, especially for a Thursday night in the summer, but we were shown straight to our table. From that moment on, the entire staff at Durant's put on a clinic in fine dining. The service was friendly, attentive and professional, but allowed us to enjoy our meal at a leisurely pace. From the throw-back iced vegetables and delectable house bread, through oysters and shrimp cocktails, great salads and homemade soups, to thick slices of prime rib that were as good as you can find in the Valley, it was a magnificent feast. Don't miss the AuGratin potatoes, they are rich, creamy and certain to please. The wine list was generous and offered great options across a variety of price ranges.

This place is legend for a reason, because they are the best! From Phoenix to New York, San Francisco to Sydney and Singapore to Dubai, I have eaten steak on every continent that has restaurants and Durant's is one of the very best.

• Visited June 2013
“Great steaks”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Reasonable priced old time steak house. Atmosphere of the steak house of years ago, but foot lives up to billing

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“World-class service”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

It's a steakhouse. I'm a vegetarian. So, what's to like? Well, everything - they whipped up a delicious vegetable plate for me at dinner. There are plenty of salads to choose from. They have added a broiled veggie burger to their lunch menu. And their desserts... But, mainly I want to talk about the service. You'll feel like a guest at a 5-star hotel. Perfectly friendly with just the right dash of formality.

Adelaide, Australia
“Durant's for delectable cuisine and first class (yet unpretentious) service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I chose Durant's as the location for a reunion with a family member. Though I'd anticipated this occasion for more than a decade, until recently, it was little more than a dream. I am not from Phoenix and was completely unfamiliar with area restaurants. I required a restaurant with superior service, exceptional cuisine, warm ambience and fine acoustics. Plus, I needed an early dinner reservation on a Sunday when most dining establishments in Phoenix are closed. After searching for the perfect location for one of the most monumental evenings of my life, I decided to trust the staff at Durant's.

The experience was seamless. I arrived early to a warm welcome and immediate seating. The romantic lighting, plush booths, tasteful art all served to set the celebratory mood. The waitress Michelle delivered faultless service with impeccable timing and sharp attention to our every need. The oysters were fleshy, with medium salt and mineral tones. The lobster was perfectly prepared, fresh and succulent. The steak was so tender and juicy, it dissolved in my mouth. The portions were generous. My only lament is that Durant's is not closer to my home. Now I have another reason to return to Phoenix.

• Visited June 2013