“Best chicken fried steak.”
Review of TEXAZ Grill

TEXAZ Grill
Ranked #85 of 3,134 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: TEXAZ Grill is a long time Central Phoenix favorite for folks from all walks of life. This is one special place to dine on a superior steak prepared with great care. Take a look around TEXAZ Grill and you will see an amazing collection of unique decorations including historic signs, Texas memorabilia, vintage advertisements and a Juke Box full of 45’s by native born Texans.Although TEXAZ Grill is known for the famed Chicken Fried Steak so big you’ll have two meals, they also serve a wide range of fresh foods. Carefully cooked, high quality chicken, steak, shrimp, prime rib, pork chops and catfish populate the menu at TEXAZ Grill. The shrimp are #1 Mexicans - the best shrimp you can get. The delicious steaks are USDA Choice, perfectly aged and hand cut in house and you will know it on sight when you take your first bite. What you will not experience is the sticker shock like most steak houses. TEXAZ Grill gives a real bang for the buck.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of the best chicken fried steaks we have eaten. And after living in West Texas 16 years and Houston 18 years we have eaten chicken fried steaks at many different restaurants. My husband and I agree, this might have been the best ever. Meat was very tender, no gristle in it, you could cut it with a fork. Breading was just right, not to thick and heavy it stayed on the meat. A cousin and his wife spends the winter in Scottsdale and they have eaten here many times, they took us there. Don't let the looks of the outside mall area scare you off. We order the small size and had plenty. We felt the price was very good, especially for this area.

1  Thank usroadrats
TG6003, Owner at TEXAZ Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

There you go…We really appreciate it when a Texan come in and enjoys our meals. We even enjoy it more when they tell us that our CFS is better than what they have in Texas. Hope you come back and visit us again next time you’re in town.

There are newer reviews for TEXAZ Grill

Reviewed April 16, 2013

In Phoenix for Spring Break. We took our son and went at about 6:30ish. As people have mentioned, it is in a little strip mall. Parking is wonky out front - park in the back. We only waited about 10 minutes or so to be seated (we were lucky - it was a Saturday). Every square inch of wall and ceiling is covered - with something (mostly Texas related). There's lots to look at while you wait.

Everything we had was awesome! My son had a rib-eye (medium rare) and it was perfect. My husband had the chicken fried steak and it was very good. He's a big eater and could only finish half. I had the Steak Lin Sue special (I think it was $22 or $23) - New York strip with artichoke hearts, jumbo shrimp and home made bernaise sauce. It was incredible. Our son loved his root beer in a bottle. The staff was (as we always find in the U.S.) excellent - very efficient and friendly. We will be back when we come to Phoenix again.

TG6003, Owner at TEXAZ Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thanks for all of the kind words...Sounds like the everybody found something that they liked. We hope you stop back in and see us next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has it's own charm. The food is simply wonderful & the atmosphere casual & friendly.
The Freddy's Filet is fab & many of the friends and family rave over the chicken fried steak & country potatoes. The house salad has a special taste with green olives tossed through it for an extra zip!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went there on a Tuesday night with a party of 9. The restaurant was not very busy and we were seated immediately. I had the smoked prime rib with coleslaw. The prime rib melted in your mouth and had an AWESOME smokey flavor to it. The coleslaw is homemade and is very, very good. I also picked bites of my son's filet (delicious!) and my daughters chicken strips (crunchy and juicy!) and was not disappointed with anything. We ended our evening with the peach cobbler. There was a little too much crust, but it was still delicious!
We went with some friends whose daughter is a vegetarian. The only dish they could offer her was a veggie kabob.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I ordered the brisket sandwich which is advertised as slow smoked for 14 hours etc.

I had a side salad with house dressing. The dressing was good but the salad had WAY too much dressing. Get your salad dressing in the side.

On to the main course- the beef was as dry as beef jerky with no smoke ring. I seriously doubt the brisket was smoked at all.. More like oven cooked with liquid smoke.

Bottom line is that I would not eat here again.

2  Thank Pete I