“Great Italian in the desert”
Review of Tomaso's

Tomaso's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tomaso's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 3,188 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Transit: Valley Metro lines 50 & 32
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This long standing restaurant deserves all its high ratings. Top notch Italian food in a nice warm room. Delicious stuffed clams, outstanding home made pasta's and a delicious pork osso boco.

1  Thank carl C

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went for lunch on a Friday and were surprised at how little business they had. After finishing our meal we were actually shocked. The service was impeccable, and every bite of food was well prepared and delicious. It began with a basket of wonderfully crunchy crusted bread which was served as we began to enjoy a bottle of Rombaur Chardonnay (our favorite), which was reasonably priced. We shared a Caesar salad which was served with a non-traditional dressing with cold crisp romaine lettuce...delicious! My wife had a veal dish with some sort of brown gravy, onions, and mushrooms which was served with a couple of fresh potato wedges and sauteed broccoli and asparagus. I ordered a sausage with spicy red sauce which was served as a stew including mushrooms and potatoes. Every bite was absolutely perfect and neither of us left much to be taken away.

This is our new favorite Italian place in the Phoenix area. Can't wait to return:-)

2  Thank Arizonafoodguy
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Maybe even the best in the US! I love, love, love Tomaso's. And Tomaso knows it because I tell him every time I visit! It's authentic, folks. The real deal. Tomaso is from Italy and brought over his mother's recipes. He is in the kitchen cooking it himself more often than not. Tomaso's has been in the valley for years...long before I moved here. I've been here now about 6 years and I have yet to find anyplace better for great, savory, authentic Italian food. I hate to mention another restaurant in my review but...I've always wanted to try Tarbell's which is highly rated and right next to Tomaso's; but every time I pull into the parking lot I have to...just HAVE TO go to Tomaso's. Great service, great old wood bar, great man, great food. I can't say enough! Except...please don't ever retire, Tomaso!

1  Thank DMBfan71
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Tomaso's has been in the Phoenix restaurant scene for a long time. Restaurants have come and gone in the last 17 years that I have lived in Phoenix, but this one has stood the test of time. Great food, great service, but certainly not cheap.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Go back into the depths of time. Professional waiters. Osso Bucco, Stand up bar, etc. you get the picture. We went there after a 20 year hiatus (I know, our bad) and it was just as good as we remembered it. Everything was good. They serve a caprese salad with Burrata cheese too.
I see some bad reviews in T/A sprinkled around the dozens of 5 stars here and there. I really ache for those reviewers that would, or could, not see the delight in an old school restaurant. I guess they wanted their unlimited breadsticks or something, but they need to try it again. We thought it was perfection all around.

2  Thank murphy2