“Amazing, authentic Southwest-style fare with decent service & nice evening atmosphere”
Review of Richardson's

Richardson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Richardson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: Maryland
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I went for a dinner with colleagues who were visiting from out of state. Everyone in our group was very well pleased with the food & drinks. The fresh guacamole was easily some of the best I've ever had, with a little "kick" to it. I was told the restaurant was known for their prickly pear margaritas, & they didn't disappoint with their unique refreshing flavor. I ordered a grilled fish trio (salmon, mahi-mahi, and swordfish - special that night) which came with their house special green chili potato (GCP) & mixed veggies. It was all excellent, but the GCP was hands-down amazing! We ordered sopapillas for dessert (not that we really had room in our bellies afterwards), & they were delicious as well. Tasty & fluffy, not full of air like some I've had elsewhere. Service was decent - our waiter was usually there when we needed him. Due to limited parking space at the restaurant, valet parking is offered/required at the entrance. Just have a few bucks when you go to leave as a tip. Due to atmosphere & great food, this restaurant is recommended both for a nice dinner with colleagues or for a romantic evening.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere. Large outside patio. Fantastic Food. A high priced, but worth it. There is a $5.00 plate charge for splitting and they do not separate checks.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Dined with a large group at Richardsons, overall, nothing special. The food was very good, but the service not so much. It was ridiculously dark where we dined, and the waiter told us "he couldn't turn up the lights, or he would be fired". ??? Then the manager told us the same thing. I guess I recommend you go during daylight hours only.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Bizarre experience. Went with a business group and due to the size of the group were in "the cove", outside seating by a fireplace, low tables. Dark and asked to turn up lights, staff apologized but said owner would not allow them, brought us some complimentary appetizers and our sit-down dinner turned into a "small-plate" event. Opportunity to talk to everyone, quite different. Service good, food excellent.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I were visiting friends in Phoenix and the four of us had dinner at Richardson's on Sunday December 29th. It was great! The service was super, the staff actually seemed to be enjoying their work and it showed. They were attentive and intuitive, knowing when to come over and knowing when we were enjoying ourselves and not needing their attention. The food was spectacular. Everything we ordered was great, and the plates were very full. I don't think anyone leaves this place hungry. We dined inside because it was a bit cool, but we plan on going back and enjoy the inviting outdoor seating in the future. Best of all perhaps, there is the "secret" bar. I'd tell you about it, but then it wouldn't be a secret would it? Check it out for yourself, this place is first rate.