“Execellent service and delicious food”
Review of Richardson's

Richardson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Richardson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,086 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: Maryland
Chicago, Illinois
“Execellent service and delicious food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant has a shaded patio that is very pleasant even on a hot afternoon. Great southwestern food.

Visited April 2013

Southern California
“New Mexico with an AZ twist”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I chose the carne adovada, it was not New Mexican style, which I would say swims in red Chile sauce. This carne adovada was smoked and well cooked with a real tenderness to it.
My lunch mates had fish entrees, all of which looked delicious and were eaten all up.
Overall a great dining experience. A bit more spendy than a cantina. atmosphere was very nice. Fireplace and candles. Very dark, it will take a few moments to get your eyes adjusted.
Recommend.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food. Service was good”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Went on a recommendation by local, food was amazing. Service was not the best but it was worth it. Better than top rated place.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A great place for mexican food. Many selections to choose from. I had the carne adovada and it was superb-best I've had since I was in Albuquerque. Margaritas are great and the atmosphere very southwestern. Fun way to spend an evening!!!!!

Visited April 2013
Mt Airy NC
“Don't argue with the customer”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

In the end, my food was passable that's why it wasn't a total loss. Low lighting adds to ambiance but not being able to read the menu is a problem. Maybe not a large one usually but significant in our case. Two of our guests asked the waitress repeatedly how spicy was each dish. They settled on fish with no sauce. I love stuffed poblano peppers and ordered that. I expected spicy. Mine was not edible. I was, however, content to eat just the beans and rice and scrape off the sauce. My husbands sides were just as potent. When the waitress asked what was wrong. I explained. Instead of sorry, or no problem, she said the menu had a disclaimer that once food was ordered it could not be changed or replaced. The menu was still at the table and we searched for this now important statement. It is under the name of the restaurant where a street address might be found. How could we have missed it in the dark? So I offered that I would be happy with just the side dishes replaced. I did not want to have the meal wrapped up to take home. Why would that help? It wasn't edible.
The managed was called over and he agreed to "washed off" the poblanos and replace the sides. The next plate had beans and rice that were spiced but not impossible to eat. What a relief!
What would I change? Put a big sign over the door that states the " policy" Don't hide it. Better yet, make sure your customer knows that even if its not edible, its their problem not the staff's. I wonder if the main had been burnt to a crisp would the attitude have been the same?

• Visited March 2013