“A New Experience”

Cuisines: Asian
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had the occasion to be on the other side of town from Scottsdale on an errand recently and when given the choice of lunch at a local "Bakery" chain and Pei Wei, I opted for the latter since I had never been to one of these restaurants. It's also a "chain" type of operation but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff behind the counter was helpful when selecting a "bowl" for lunch. I was surprised at the size of the bowl, based on it's very reasonable price. It was a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl that was super tasty and chocked full of chicken. Had to take half of it home for later. The decor is modern, sleek, neat, without seeming cold. I was happy to see the cleanliness of the entire place and saw a member of the staff constantly wiping, sweeping and generally aware of what needed to be done. That same person also took the time to check my table a couple of times without "hovering". Was even able to take extra flavored ice tea home in a container she provided me. This was someone who was attentive to her duties as well as being very personable and interacting with the customers...rare these days. The food is well prepared and presented and the vegetables cooked properly...not overcooked. I'll look for a Pei Wei closer to home for my next visit, as I don't get to Deer Valley that often. Nice experience!

There are newer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I don't enjoy it as much with the changes they have made, but it convenient for a good quick meal. We go at least once a month.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Called in for carry out. Prompt accurate service. Delicious menu, available online. Recommend the honey seared shrimp and the lettuce wraps. Delicious.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Exquisite fine dining, Unique & delicious offerings. The setting is ultra romantic but nice for families too.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We used to do Pei Wei at least twice a month for take out. The food was always excellent. We haven't ordered from there in a couple years. My son and I went there for dinner last night. The service was pathetic.I ordered a chicken salad, the chicken had no taste, it was a poor quality, they bathed the salad in a sweet sauce. The worst part was both my son and I were sick for the next 12 hours. Pei Wei will not make it back on to our take out list.