“finally some authentic Cuban Food!”
Review of Havana Cafe - CLOSED

Havana Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
phoenix
“finally some authentic Cuban Food!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I can honestly say i have nothing bad to say about this place. My husband is 1/2 cuban and we know authentic. If you are looking for a great cuban restaurant, delicious food, and a nice vibe, GO HERE. It was our anniversary and decided to check this place out after passing by Havana multiple times. Of course we started out with there homemade Sangria which is not only delicious, but not shy of alcohol content. Appetizer we got was FRESH fried plantains that comes with a tasty bean dip. One of my biggest pet peeves is receiving food thats cold. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. The food was amazing and hot just like we like it. I had the cuban pulled pork that came with onions and peppers, black beans and rice. My husband had Ropa Viejo (braised shredded cuban beef) with rice and beans as well. Portions were very large and i almost always bring a doggy bag home....well this time i ate my entire plate LOL. For dessert we had coconut Flan. Our entire bill with 2 drinks, appetizer, 2 entrees, and dessert was $60 + tip. Please give it a try, you will not be dissapointed :)

• Visited April 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“So good and great service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been wanting to go to this place for the longest of time. And during this trip, I finally had the opportunity to try it out after hearing about their extension gluten free menu.

It certainly did not disappoint. I had their Gazpacho, Pollo Parilla, and Arroz con Leche. They are absolutely great, and it certainly tastes just like a homecook meal.

Though the decor is not what you are looking for, but the food will make it up to you. You can't leave Phoenix without trying this place out.

• Visited April 2013
Fremont, California
“Still a solid choice”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Phoenix--we eat here every year when we visit for spring training. We've had many great meals here and hope to have many more. This time we had the black bean fritters as an appetizer--which were awesome. I'm sorry it's taken us so many visits to try them. I had the picadillo which was good, but not as good as some of the other things I've had here (arroz con pollo, pollo gallena). My partner also felt is entre wasn't as good as some of the dishes he's had in the past. But we still felt like it was a good meal and will return on a future visit.

Visited March 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Tasting Food with excellent Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love seafood and well seasoned food.
The best part is they welcome questioned and will
accomodate you with varying the dish to suit your needs.

Visited February 2013
“Best Cuban food north of Miami”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent Cuban food, we always go with a large group so we can sample the menu. The pulled pork is wonderful. Don't let the plastic chairs and plastic table cloths fool you the food more than makes up for the decor.

• Visited February 2013