“A birthday dinner”
Review of T. Cook's

T. Cook's
Reserve with OpenTable
T. Cook's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,080 Restaurants in Phoenix
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: Camelback Rd and 52nd St
Description: At the heart of the resort, T. Cook's culinary philosophy of magnifying the purity of fresh, seasonal ingredients is a celebration of its treasured legacy. For nearly two decades, T. Cook's has garnered both local and national acclaim. This time-honored tradition lives through the vision of Executive Chef Todd Allison. Chef Allison's culinary style can be summed up in three words - crafted, thoughtful and bold - which are all precisely in line with the Mediterranean principles of fresh, seasonal, local and ingredient-driven cooking.Explore the new T. Cook's this season. Whether for a special, romantic occasion with a candlelit dinner on one of our two patios, complete with scenic Camelback Mountain views, inviting fireplaces and blooming bougainvillea; for socializing with friends inside T. Cook's vibrant and colorful new dining room or glass-enclosed Wine and Tequila tasting room; or, for inviting colleagues to your next power lunch. All of this and more are currently on the menu at T. Cook's restaurant this season, located in the heart of the Phoenix and Scottsdale area.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We recently ate at T Cook's restaurant for my wife's birthday. The restaurant ha recently undergone a total makeover with a staff, a new menu, and a new decor. The reviews had been mixed but it has always been a favorite of ours. And we were not disappointed. We ate outside in the small patio area. Our waitress was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu which is seasonal. We ordered fish dinners (bass and berzano), both fishes were cooked to perfection. (and all fish is fresh). We also had an organic mixed salad to share as well as a side of mushrooms and garlic, all of which was very good. We were quite pleased with the overall experience and would definitely recommend trying this restaurant to others and we will return.

1 Thank azact3

Carefree, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise! Surprise!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

After reading a March, 2014 review by a food critic with The Arizona Republic, a group of us wondered what to expect from T.Cook’s. Although reservations were a breeze and a group of 10 friends were able to secure a round table on a Sunday night, we still had some trepidation. The critic bemoaned the service, the surroundings, the décor, and most of the menu noting that a change in chefs was apparently unfortunate.

Upon arrival, we were seated immediately, and promptly attended to by a trio of wait staff under the guidance of head waiter Michael Fitzgerald. Cocktails were reasonably priced, appetizers were thoroughly addressed, and the menu questions were expertly handled. Most began their meal choosing from a wonderful array of salads that were tasty, fresh, and pleasing to the palate. Each of us had something quite different for our entrée’s ranging from the fresh trout, an antelope loin, lamb chops, and the more traditional steaks and short ribs. Everything was flawless, and not even the mildest form of muttering was detected. Dessert was offered, but honestly everyone was very satisfied by that point and we decided to pass.

Imagine most restaurants when a table of 10 asks for separate checks. And, a few in our group used their Preferred Diners cards as well. Most waiters would balk at this mathematical challenge, but Michael came through with not only individual bills, but a smile. He also reminded us that a 20% gratuity had already been figured in stating that he was very comfortable with that and there was no real need to go over and above that percentage. How nice!

The critic may have been correct the evening he was there – and perhaps served a “wake-up” call to the entire operation. If so, it worked. We all plan to return soon, and this time dine al fresco on their wonderful patio. So, here’s to T.Cook’s and their service, their décor and their menu. And, here’s to Michael Fitzgerald as their ambassador for presenting this delightful restaurant in so many positive ways.

1 Thank R L
Dothan, Alabama
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This place is heaven on earth. With a heated brick floor patio in the gorgeous courtyard in additional to the pole lantern heaters and a fire in the outdoor fireplace, oh, my! But that's simply your surroundings. The staff are warm and welcoming and our waiter, Chris, was attentive and intuitive. The food was over the top - this is our third trip to Scottsdale, our third trip to T Cook's and we cannot wait to come back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank larmc5
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Dining Experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have dined here multiple times since Chef Paul McCabe has been heading up the kitchen. It is consistently fabulous and exciting cuisine. The major complaints I have about the dining scene in Phoenix/Scottsdale is consistency and innovation. This is NOT the case at T Cooks, it is definitely bringing exciting things to the Phoenix! Every meal, and every aspect of the dining experience has been stellar each time I have been. The food is exciting, inspired and executed perfectly each time. The octopus is the best preparation I have ever had. The venison tartare and sea bass crudo are some of my favorites as well. I can never resist ordering the antelope either. This menu is stacked with some winners for sure! The Service is first class as well. You can tell the staff is informed, and an excited part of a culinary team. They truly are top notch, without being stuffy. If you are lucky enough to be able to dine at T Cooks on Wednesday they offer a true culinary adventure called #PM31. We were fortunate enough to enjoy it last night. It is a world class experience. It is a 12 or so course tasting menu based around the chef's inspiration and passion. It's always changing. This was one of the most special and FABULOUS dining experiences I have ever had. It was truly a special experience and orchestrated to perfection. It was exciting, innovative, playful, and as I said before, inspired . And most importantly each course was delivered!!!! This is an experience NOT to be missed. I will attach some photos. Whether it be just going out to dinner or another adventure from #PM31 - I can't wait to visit T cooks again and see what they have in store.

appleton, WI
“Not quite as good as I'd experienced in the past, but still very good.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

It seems in years past I spent several minutes trying to decide what to eat because there were so may wonderful sounding choices. Now it seems the menu is much smaller, and there's not too many choices for the non-adventurous eater. Another guest at the hotel had commented to me about this as well. For instance, if you're looking for cereal for breakfast, you won't find it. I love the atmosphere though, and the food I had was very good. I had my 8 year old graddaughter with me, and she was treated very well. I'd still go back.