“Excellent Korean Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friend and I went lived in Korea for three years so we come here when we decide we want Korean food. I have been coming here for awhile, it was near my old office building, it was not a random choice.

I had the Bul Go Ki although we did not have it cooked at the table. My wife had the vegetable tempura while my friend and her husband had the chicken teriyaki. The meal comes with a eight piece assortment of Korean vegetables which we enjoyed. The kimchi was mild. Service was very good. The place has been remodelled but it still in a strip mall. So overall five dots for the food, service and value. Three dots for the atmosphere. We keep coming back.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Went with friends and had a very good meal. Sushi was good and Korean BBQ at the table was very good. Service was good. Not a fancy place but food and service worth a try.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We started with the Sushi Sampler and the five pieces were very good. For dinner we had the Kalbi Dolsot Bibim Bap which was very large and tasteful. We also had the Bul Go Ki which I wouldn't recommend since it was not marinated very well. Having been stationed in Korea, the Bulgoki is usually more tasteful.
Decent prices and the service was okay.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 26, 2009

You cook the food at your table on a built in grill. A dining "adventure" due to the variety of food offered and the unique dining experience.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Since most Japanese Restaurant turned out to be fusion Korean and Japanese since most Japanese restaurant are run by the Korean in the US instead. It is actually difficult to find an authentic Japanese chefs these days. Takamasu is no exception. I personally prefer their Korean selection but their Japanese is equally high in quality as well. Most Korean comes with Pan Chans (complimentary dishes) along with their main course without extra charge so are assured to be served like a king in every meal and they do make me feel that way. Too bad they didn't have any hot ginseng chicken soup but their neun muyen is just superb.

2  Thank Jyhming