“Fantastic Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crudo

Crudo
Reserve with OpenTable
Crudo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 3,057 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 36th St and Indian School
Description: I believe this restaurant used to be located in Scottsdale, AZ, on 3rd avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We read that Crudo was the best "Date Night" Restaurant in Phoenix...

We haven't eaten everywhere in Phoenix yet, but Crudo will be hard to beat. A truly fantastic find that will not disappoint the most refined of diners. We chose five course options and absolutely loved every choice we made. We started with three "Raw" fish plates, difficult to say which was the best, but all were beautifully plated and wonderfully fresh. We then had three "Cooked" plates; Risotto, Gnochi and a Mushroom Gratin. Our "Grilled" entrees of short rib and pork belly were top notch and the espresso mousse and blueberry compote desserts polished off an absolutely amazing dinner. The coffee was excellent as well and perfectly complimented the espresso mouse.

• Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“A Hidden Gem in Midtown Phoenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been to Crudo several times, but I've never actually eaten in their main restaurant area - I'm too in love with the bar. If the bar is a preview, I can only assume the restaurant is phenomenal.

Crudo is tucked away in an unassuming strip mall in midtown Phoenix. When I say, "tucked away," you really have to look for it. It's around the back of the strip mall, basically behind an antique store, so you have to drive around the back to get to Crudo's entrance. Never fear - although the strip mall itself might look typical, Crudo is anything but.

The vibe is sort of minimalist-industrial-rustic with a modern twist. Hard to describe, but somehow their music playlist fits in perfectly with the atmosphere. Once you get past gawking (OK, I gawked) at the giant wall opposite the bar, illustrated with all their specialty cocktails, have a seat - pick a barstool, pick a chair, pick a couch, pick a table. I typically sit at the bar (it seats probably 10-12 people) because I enjoy watching the extremely skilled bartenders go to work. Skilled *and* knowledgable, I should say... every time I've had a question about a drink or an ingredient, they answer it intelligently and thoroughly without sounding condescending. Friendly, but not hovering, funny but not cheesy, they make spot-on suggestions and recommendations, depending on your taste.

Crudo's signature cocktails are fantastic with a wide variety of interesting, fresh ingredients, and presented beautifully. I've tried many of them and I have yet to find one I wasn't fond of. They are GOOD. I tried the Rebel's Son for the first time recently and I think I might have developed an instant addiction. It's not too sweet, with complex flavors that go down very, very smooth. Crudo does have a bar menu to order from and thus far, my favorites are probably the smoked olives (smokey and buttery, but they have pits, so watch it), the albacore crudo (minimal ingredients, amazing flavors) and the can't-miss crispy pig ears (I was leery at first, but I'm a convert now - be warned, they can have a bit of a spicy kick to them).

Crudo also features an excellent happy hour with $3 local beer selections, select $5 signature cocktails (I discovered Dark & Stormys and never looked back), $5 wine selections and $5 small bites. I was initially introduced to Crudo because of this happy hour, and especially for the quality and setting, you can't beat the price.

Crudo is on par with some of the places I've experienced in New York and San Francisco. There's not much like it in Phoenix that I've discovered (yet), and the friends I've recommended it to agree. The next time you're looking for somewhere centrally located that's beyond ordinary with a laid-back but fairly sophisticated crowd, check out Crudo - just be aware, they're going on hiatus from July 1 through July 22, so put them on your list for when they re-open.

• Visited June 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“Nice eclectic dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This restaurant is located in the suburbs of Phoenix and not far from the Biltmore which is where we were staying. Crudo has a very different menu that changes every week. It is appropriately priced (entrees mostly $15-$25) and the wine selection should meet your needs (though not extensive) as well as the bar. It's location is a little misleading as it located in the "back" of a shopping center however once inside you will see why the locals come to this venue and fill it up. The server was very good and explained all the dinners avaliable and how they are presented if you asked him. They use as many natural ingrediants and food as possible. We had "pig ears" for an appetizer and loved them (If we can do it so can you!). Our meal was a nice 1.5 hour adventure and we were not disappointed. We recommend this restaurant as nice change from the standard steak or seafood dining experience. Dress up or casual nice is what you'll see as far as a dress code.

• Visited May 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“support new and innnovative places!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

have read a lot about crudo and finally got to try it....loved the food!!! the innovation was so nice to see, the tastes delicious, the uniqueness much appreciated.

if I could suggest some better lighting??? when so much emphasis is put on the food, including presentation, it would be amazing to also have our sense of sight stimulated with some better table lighting...otherwise excellent!!!

• Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Priced to please.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Crudo has good food, fresh, tasty, well done dishes...the menu features 4 sections : crudos , mozzarella selection, main courses and pasta-risotto-au gratin. The portions are quite small, but so are the prices, the gimmick is to order one of their formula with 3,4,5 dishes and you pay 35',45,55 bucks respectively... A fairly inefficient concept in my opinion, they could charge 3 to 5 dollars more per dish and be done with it ( slightly increasing portions too!). They opened the door for cheap patrons to pour in,splitting already small dishes...But i guess where the place is located, they don't have a choice....maybe. Anyway, that is how the joint is set up and hope it works for them, it didn't for Di Avanti restaurant in Scottsdale now defunct...this being said, the menu is very simplistic, still very good. We sampled the market arugula/peach salad, the Burrata and the buricotta, all delicious products. The squid ink risotto was very tasty, the kitchen forgot the tuna that was supposed to come with it, but my girlfriend was find just with the rice itself. I had the baked oyster mushroom and roasted potatoes, topped with mozzarella and bread crumbs, it sounded better than it was, still it was good, nothing more, i believe the potatoes were slightly aged, and the bread crumbs overkill...For dessert, the choices are very limited to....2 desserts ! We had the pudding combo, made by Dempsey, a local delivery service offering gourmet desserts, it was good again....in a nutshell, a perfect local eatery, with decent food, prices and service, truly catering to younger and frugal demographic. The atmosphere was mediocre in my taste, stained concrete floor, high ceiling made the place quite noisy, dubbed with horrible alternative music playing.., not very cozy, more like the inside of a warehouse, some like this, I don't. The bar area is nicer, and let's mention a gigantic cocktail list ( sign of a younger crowd)' as well as a pretty decent wine list by size and selection (60), I would love to this place become more of a full blown restaurant instead of a glorified tapas place, the talent is there to offer superior food. Time will tell...

• Visited June 2013