“Except for front desk, restaurant meets expectations”

Kincaid's Classic American Dining
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Kincaid's is located on the second level of the Collier center, just across the street from the convention center, Light Rail and walking distance from downtown hotels.
Description: Phoenix Kincaid's last day of Business: Saturday, July 18, 2015. Hope you can join us soon... and THANK YOU, PHOENIX, for 14 wonderful years!
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were part of open table and went on a Saturday evening at 5:30. We were part of the first to come and the restaurant seating was wide open. The person seating us put us at a bench that was dirty and wet and not a nice area or view as we asked for. She blatently said "I will have to check with the front desk". Why, noone was there nor were there reserved signs on the table we asked for. The waitress was nice enough to reseat us when she saw we were not happy and that the table I had been seated at was dirty.
The food was nice but the scallops over spinach was a bit sad. The spinach was so little you could hardly see it and it was just thrown on the plate and not nicely fixed under the scallops.
However, our server was excellent. I am not sure that I would rush to go back to Kincaids. It seems they have their own local crew and they don't even try to get friendly with anyone new. We are from Tucson and sad to drive 2 hrs and not have the best experience. They could use some help in how to treat people.

Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hello,

My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager of Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I saw your review on Trip Advisor and want to apologize for the disappointing experience we provided. We pride ourselves on delivering great food and service to every Guest – every time and I am embarrassed we let you down. I am especially sorry that you feel we didn’t treat you well and that we are unfriendly. It is painful to me that this is the impression that we made.

I would like to try and make it up to you if it’s not too late. If you don’t want to return, I completely understand. But, if you are willing to give us a second chance, please reply to this Email with your mailing address. I would like to send you a Guest Card for a return visit so that we can have another opportunity to provide the experience we pride ourselves on.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Although the dress is casual, Kincaid's offers a fine dining experience! The menu is not extensive, but it is nicely varied and our dinners were well-prepared and very good, The wine list is modest, but offers a variety for every palette. The decor is eclectic and well balanced. There is a patio as well as the indoor seating. We enjoyed the relaxed pace; it is nice not to be rushed between courses. All-in-all a great place to dine!

Hello,
Thank you so much for your kind review! It makes us happy to know our Guests are happy – We hope to see you back soon! Kristal Leeder, General Manager

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Yesterday evening we were 5 people for dinner at Kincaids. We sat outside which was lovely. Here attending a meeting at the convention center and loving the weather after a long miserable winter in the east.
While the setting and location are excellent, the food and service were awful. Tired after a long day we waited for a very long time to get water, a bottle of wine and order our food. Salads, almost all lettuce, were mediocre. Main courses were big disappointments. I ordered the snapper which was highly recommended by our server. Awful. Rubbery texture and over cooked. Tiny portion which was ok because I couldn't even eat the portion I got. My wife ordered roasted chicken and what she got was breaded chicken breast. Also over cooked and rubbery.
Wine list is pretty good and not overpriced.
Kincaids is not worthy of a second visit. Sorry.

Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello Jay,

My name is Kristal Leeder and I am the General Manager of the Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I want to apologize for the disappointing dinner you had with us last week.

You are absolutely right – that evening was a really rough shift. We take great pride in delivering great food and service to every Guest – every time - and I am embarrassed that our issues affected your experience.

I do hope that it’s not too late for us to make this up to you. If you would please Email me at kleeder@r-u-i.com with your name and mailing address so that I can send you a Guest Card for a return visit, I would appreciate it. The card is good at any of our locations (you can see them at www.r-u-i.com) , but I do hope that you make it to Phoenix again someday soon and would allow us to have another opportunity to provide the experience that we pride ourselves on.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Phoenix Kincaid’s team. Please know that I take your comments to heart and will do everything I can to make sure that a situation like this does not occur again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Eight of us were here for dinner this evening. We've eaten at a number restaurants in the immediate area and this was the best of the lot. Quiet and comfortable, it had a more relaxed and nicer feel than the others, and the food was better. Excellent baked Brie as an appetizer. Those who opted for the salmon (half of the group) liked both the fish, which was wild and not farm raised, and the preparation, very much. Two of us had the recommended sea salt crusted prime rib (something I eat about once a year) and it was good but not great, mainly because it came out lukewarm albeit otherwise properly cooked. Call it 6 out of 10 for the meat, with another point deducted for not being hot enough. The pear bread pudding was a hit. I debated about giving it a four, but decided it was in comparison with the other places in the area, and I did like our very polite waitress.

Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello,
My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager of Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I wanted to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor – I appreciate the kind comments you made regarding your experience with us (The Brie and Bread Pudding are my favorites too!) I am sorry that we let you down with the Prime Rib though. I will be sharing your comments with our Executive Chef to make sure that we follow up and ensure that our Prime Rib is served at the correct temperature.

I would like to send you a Guest Card as an apology for the disappointing Prime Rib. If you would please Email me at kleeder@r-u-i.com with your name and mailing address, I would appreciate it. The card is good at any of our locations (you can see them at www.r-u-i.com) , but I do hope that you make it to Phoenix again someday soon and would allow us to have another opportunity to provide the experience that we pride ourselves on.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We walked into Kincaids for an 8 person dinner after a short walk from the Phoenix conference center. Without a res we were happy to seat in the lounge, staff accomodated with pushing tables together. Speaking for my order, the Wedge salad was mediocre which is difficult to understand how so simple a salad could be less then good. My ribeye steak, ordered med-rare had good flavor, was under cooked & a bit tough. Another diner orderd a scallop dish, which when tasted by several we all agreed was superb. Wait staff was lackluster, slow to respond, we didn't get a second round, waited for check. Nice atmosphere, I'll try again as it could have been an off night.

Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Classic American Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello,

My name is Kristal Leeder. I am the General Manager at Kincaid’s in Phoenix. I want to apologize for the disappointing dinner you had with us. We pride ourselves on delivering great food and great service to every Guest, and I am so sorry that we let you down. If I could get just a little more information from you, I would really appreciate it – the date/time you were in and/or your servers name would be really helpful so that I can follow up appropriately.

I also wanted to thank you for your nice comments about the scallops and atmosphere. I am happy to hear that you are willing to give us another try! I would like to send you a Guest card to use for your next visit. If you would reply with your mailing address, I would appreciate it. I would love to have another opportunity to provide the experience we pride ourselves on.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kristal Leeder - GM