“Weeknight dinner @ Kincaid's”

Kincaid's Classic American Dining
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Transit: Kincaid's is located on the second level of the Collier center, just across the street from the convention center, Light Rail and walking distance from downtown hotels.
Description: Phoenix Kincaid's last day of Business: Saturday, July 18, 2015. Hope you can join us soon... and THANK YOU, PHOENIX, for 14 wonderful years!
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a pleasant weeknight business dinner at Kincaid's on 3rd Street in Phoenix, and it was an easy walk from our hotel in Downtown Phoenix.
We were seated promptly and offered a choice of a table or booth.
We were offered cocktails, and ordered wine which were both brought and served promptly. Orders were taken also and we all had appetizers, The Shrimp cocktail was big and fresh with Bloody Mary cocktail sauce that I didn't try and a Chipotle Ranch that was tasty, not too spicy, but mostly I just used the fresh lemon provided. The calamari was very fresh and lightly breaded and perfectly done. I had seared Tuna for an entree and it was very nicely presented on a bed of wild rice with ginger and ponsu and wasabi for dipping. The side of seared greens were also hot and very well done. Everyone else had steaks, and all comments were positive. Chopsticks were quickly provided upon request, and I must compliment Adam on prompt and cheerful service throughout the evening. The wine list is almost all USA, with only one Malbec from Argentina to break it up.
Everything was of high quality, and I would classify everything as "very good" Nothing too creative or breathtaking, and a limited number of seafood selections, but high quality and with good service. Bill with Tip was about $440 with one $69 and one $28 bottle of wine, so discounted it wasn't. In summary, a very good meal with excellent service for a fairly high price, I felt satisfied and will likely return. I would like to see 3 or 4 French and or Italian or Chilean wines offered to compliment the Washington heavy list.

1  Thank Doug S

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was a pretty good steak and fish place - but honestly for the money - I did not find anything that stood out. Meals were somewhat high fat content, excessively thick mashed potatoes, and really could not say I would want to go back

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for about 10 years. This the first time I could not find something on the menu to order. The problem was everything on the daily menu was paired. For instance you could order prime rib with salmon for about 40 dollars, or you could order Beef Briskit with prawns for 45 dollars. There was no solo meat or solo fish offered. The simply broiled fish selections are gone from the menu, and I only knew I could order a simply boiled salmon when the server told me it was available. Kincaids has become pricey maybe because other restaurants like Province and the restaurant at the new Palomar hotel is pricey. I could have ordered a steak but that was 40 dollars as well. Seems like Kincaids had changed their philosophy. I used to enjoy the peppercorn salmon or the glazed salmon but those were gone or paired with a meat. To much to eat. Plus most of the seafood pairings were shell fish which I don't eat. So what do I do order the Briskit and leave the prawns uneaten, not at those prices.

One more thing, the server asked us if we wanted bread, the bread never came to the table.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our server did a good job. We had a party of seven most of us ordered steaks. They were out of prime rib so I got the small filet ordered it medium but it showed up medium well. Also ordered the scalloped potatoes which were basically sliced potatoes with some cheese melted on them and not much cheese at that. For seven people with two bottles of wine (about 30.00 each) the bill was over 500.00 without the tip. The food was ok, but for this price range it really should be better. They need someone in the kitchen overseeing things.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We took a large group (~25) and they did a very good job, especially considering that they were being overrun by a firefighter convention that had eaten all the prime rib. I saw one issue with a steak that was not cooked properly, and it was swiftly dealt with. They split a dessert for a couple of members of the group, which I simply hadn't seen before. I didn't hear any negative comments from our group, only thanks.