“Closed”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Littleton, Colorado
“Closed”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I went for dinner on a Sunday at 7 pm, on recommendation of a friend. It was closed and dark. I am not sure it was a real restaurant but said "take out tortillas." Not worth the trip as I drove a ways to get there.

Visited December 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great food at incredible prices”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants in the Phoenix area. It is definitely a local favorite. There's something about simplicity and "hole-in-the-wall" types of restaurants. There's nothing fancy here - just good food and a lot of it. The portions are very large and the prices are ridiculously low. Just a phenomenal bargain for great food.

We had somewhat of a bad experience when phoning in an order. We called two hours before we picked it up and they apparently didn't put the order in so we had to wait almost 30 minutes for it to be filled. Other than that, there is nothing but positive things about Carolina's.

Oh yeah, they don't sell their tortillas anymore :(

• Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Dreaming about the tortillas”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This place makes me wish I lived in Phoenix! The tortillas are incredible, and the green chili is to die for. Its quick mexican food but it is all homemade. Cheap and tasty! If you are scared away by a divey looking place, this may not be the location for you, but it is clean and worth the wait (there will be one).

• Visited December 2013
tclarkjr
“Delicious Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

While visiting friends in Phoenix my friend, who has lived in PHX his whole life, took me to Carolina's to sample the local Mexican cuisine. The Macha Burro was by far my favorite but everything we got was fabulous. It's not in the best area, right near the airport, but well worth the trip.

Visited November 2013
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Eat with the locals”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This little hole in the wall is a great place to eat with the locals and experience wonderful local Mexican food. I had combination 13 which included a beef enchilada, taco, tostada, rice, and beans; I added a red tamale to the order. The tostada, rice, and beans tasted like what you would find at any Mexican restaurant, however, the taco and enchilada were spectacular! The red tamale was good and different from a normal Mexican restaurant, but a little dry.

The salsa is hot! I am a salsa aficionado and I love hot salsa and hot, spicy food. When I eat at a Mexican restaurant, I always ask for the hot salsa. The regular salsa here is very hot and very tasty.

• Visited November 2013