“Great pizza, Good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Bianco

Pizzeria Bianco
Ranked #21 of 3,057 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City
“Great pizza, Good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Delicious NY style pizza. Ideally sized for 2 people or one hungry person, our group was taunted by locals for not knowing about Pizzeria Bianco. We tried to go twice with huge waits, finally went for lunch. We enjoyed it greatly, delicious salads, fresh bread and pizza- on par with the quality pizza you find in rural Tuscany, freshly made in NY, or Chicago. Is it better? Not even close in my opinion, but delicious and better than 95% of what you will find across the USA.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank YaleDad

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Best pizza anywhere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

There is a reason Pizzeria Bianco was voted best even in the world!!! It's just as good as pizza Ive had in Italy!!! Its a cozy quaint atmosphere and the pizza really is to die for!! It is worth the wait because it is quite busy on weekends!!!

• Visited November 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“COOL PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Heard about this from everyone in town...had to go. The pizza was made in an old brick oven. Crust was excellent. I know why it is so popular. Wine was bit pricey. Get there early because you will have to wait about an hour or so for a table.

Visited June 2012
Clayotn, OH
“Great food and location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had the wiseguy pizza. Very flavorful and highly recommend this pizza. Old build part of park lay out near Science museum. Go for the food and enjoy the atmosphere.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Pizza! Worth a 1-hour wait? Maybe not...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

On my first trip to Phoenix last year, all a couple of the students in my Hitachi Data Systems computer storage class could talk about was how they wanted to go to this well-reviewed pizza place that had a reputation for a 1-2 hour table wait. I'm thinking to myself, no way I'm waiting an hour for anybody's pizza, but since it turned out that Pizzeria Bianco was only about four blocks from my hotel, and across the street from a nice pub that would make a solid fall-back, I decided to give it a try. I was able to sit at the bar (nine seats) immediately, so I stayed. And enjoyed. Naturally I made a return visit on my most recent trip two weeks ago.

Once again, I had no difficulties sitting at Pizzeria Bianco's bar, around 7pm. I started with a glass of the Chianti that was on the wine list (label escapes me now), and switched to a local red, Dos Cabezas.

Last year, I had the "Wiseguy" pizza, which is onion, smoked mozzarella, and fennel sausage. This trip, I tried the "Sonny Boy," which fresh mozzarella, salami, and Gaeta olives. Sauce good. Salami, olives, excellent, cheese, fantastic! Quick timing from order to service. These folks know how to turn tables, since their product is in high demand.

Service at the bar was just great. These are wonderfully polite folks, even under pressure (crowded) conditions. They moved things along, but I didn't feel squeezed or compelled to move at anything but my own pace. At the bartender's suggestion, I wrapped up my meal (after a second glass of Dos Cabezas) with a doppio espresso, and headed back to the hotel.

Is this the best pizza in the country? I'm still partial to The Terranova at Katie's in Mid City, but I've got no complaints about Pizzeria Bianco. It's certainly the best pizza I've had in Phoenix.

• Visited September 2012