“TASTY AND YUmmy”

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TASTY AND YUmmy”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had Mutton BIryani here and it was really taste good, it remaind me my mom made biryani back home, TY BAWARCHI

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank forrest966

Phoenix, Arizona
“EEEEEWWW!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

OMG! This place was FILTHY!!!! There was chum swimming around my drinking glass. The tables were sticky and filthy. The food was horrendous and that was an understatement! When I got home I had diarrhea and vomited several times. I have not eaten something so disgusting in a long while thank goodness. My opinion the Health Department should be called and you should stay far far away!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank peggyfci
“Great Biryani! I mean really great Biryani!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Sure, it looks like a mom and pop operation tucked into a tiny store front, and the atmosphere is not "dine in.". The small kitchen is visible from the customer area. I like that. The owner is friendly. I like that too.

Listen, curry is curry. And the curry here is good, but no better than expected. The Palak Paneer and the Dal Curry that I've tried were very good, but they are not the draw.

If you like Biryani -- and I love Biryani -- then you owe it to yourself to order Biryani here. The flavor is great, the accompaniments are spot on, and this is absolutely the best Biryani I've found in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area. You'll find a few whole spices in the Biryani; a whole clove, a pod of cardamom ... yum! And you'll find a whole boiled egg, another gem in the mix.

This is the only restaurant in the area that is serving great Biryani instead of passing off fried rice (or worse, Rice-a-Roni) as Biryani! I've tried the goat, lamb, and the chicken Biryani. Not being a fan of small chicken bones, I found the Lamb Biryani to be the best.

This place is now one of my weekly stops for dinner.

• Visited July 2012