“Great Bruscetta!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The place is trendy and really cute. Friendly staff are awesome! The things I liked most were the bruscetta and olives. You can choose 4 from many options and my favorite was the salmon and capers.

We had the Brie sandwich and another favorite of the group was the vegi sandwich.

I would come here more for the appetizers and atmosphere. A fun place to people watch and drink some wine. It's not really the food that would bring me back.

There are newer reviews for Postino

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I met a couple friends for brunch at this restaurant. It was our first time here so we didn't know what to expect. I don't live in Phoenix, they do, and they had heard really good things about the restaurant. We really liked the atmosphere, the service, and the food. We definitely loved the $5 mimosas! The ciabatta french toast was excellent. Next time I'm in Phoenix, I'll definitely go back to try out the dinner menu.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Today I introduced a very good friend to Postino for lunch and who is now another dedicated customer. Where to start. The $5 wine from 11 am to 5 pm is one of the best deals in Phoenix, bar none. One can choose from about 25 red and white wines, all of which are of very good quality and come from around the world. One of my favorite's is the grunerveltiner, a very pleasant summer white. The the food. Today I enjoyed a nice California Zin. They serve about ten different paninis (the Prosciutto with brie is a favorite that I had today), about a dozen tasty varied bruschetta platters, salads, soups and appetizers, all very fresh. My friend ordered the autostrada at my recommendation and was very happy. With friendly employees providing great service, one cannot ask for more. We generally sit at the bar where we can inquire about various menu items and wines while the server behind the counter goes about her/his businesss. My wife and I have eaten here well over a dozen times and alway consider this a "must visit" place with friends and out of town family. This is a place where you can come just for a glass of wine or beer or where you can enjoy great food. Once you try it, I believe you will look forward with anticipation to your next visit. The owners clearly have a great concept down pat.

1  Thank RonC591
Reviewed July 5, 2014

MUST VISIT! Postino's has several locations and is a local favorite! The contemporary urban environment is enjoyable for drinks, social hour and dinner. All locations tend to be fairly busy for lunch, happy hour & dinner so get there early if you can. The food is delicious and the $5 wine specials are awesome! Service is always good. The food is always consistent and there is something on the menu for everyone. If the weather is nice, all locations will roll up the doors for an open airy feeling to enjoy the weather.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were very fortunate to arrive at 11:15 for lunch on a Thursday. By the time we had finished 45 minutes later, there were folks seated everywhere inside and outside and others waiting in line for lunch. We were happy to turn our table over to others after the food and service we had received.

The menu features a lot of sandwiches and salads, and marvelous bruschetta. We tried two different salads, half a pannini sandwich and bruschetta. They were able to accommodate my wife's bruschetta with wonderful gluten free french bread. Her salad was also accompanied by gf bread. She had the Raspberry chicken salad and was extremely pleased by the lunch. It may have been the best bread/salad combo she has ever been served. There was so much of it that she was able to eat her fill and still have half to take home.

My salad was some of the freshest greens i have ever tasted and came with so many tasty accompaniments that i am hard pressed to remember them all--candied fruits, nuts, potato sticks, etc. The quantity was so great that i still had plenty to consume after all the salad greens were gone and it acted as a sweet dessert-like treat.

The pannini was perfect. The ratio of greens, tomato, cheese and meat made the perfect sandwich. The combination was both satisfying and filling. Wow. If only i hadn't been driving, i would have opted for a bellini or a mimosa at lunch. The iced tea they serve is outstanding, and it came with a nice wedge of orange. Staff refilled our glasses 3 times during our stay--well done.

Best advice? Get there. Get there early. Come expecting something wonderful, because everything they provided for us was wonderful. We have a new favorite in the valley!