“My first bad review”

The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show
Ranked #24 of 25 Concerts & Shows in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dinner Detective – Phoenix is now playing Saturday nights at the Embassy Suites Phoenix - Airport at 24th Street. America's largest murder mystery dinner show is set in the present day and based off of real cold cases. Unlike other murder mystery dinner shows, here you will find no cheesy costumes, no recited campy dialogue and no hokey song and dance. Our performers are dressed just like everyone else, leaving all of the guests to suspect who is a part of the show and who is not. In many instances, guests are seated with the performers and don't even realize it until they die....the performers, that is! Our Detectives proceed to interrogate everyone and find clues as more people die. At the end of the night, prizes are awarded to the Top Sleuth who solves the crime.
Chandler, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My first bad review”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I try to see the positive in things, so there were a few laughs, but couldn't see or hear the actors when they sat which was probably a good thing because I thought they were awful. The dinner was average and they were accommodating to food allergies. The premise was promising but the little interaction we did have with the actors was awkward. This was a gift so happy I didn't waste my money.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Snorkelboy11

Anaheim, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Fun Date Night”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A great date night idea. The food wasn't 4 stars, but much better than expected or described in a review below. You get to be interactive with the actors and the story line. The actors will keep you laughing and entertained the whole night, but you still have plenty of time to enjoy your meal and get to know your table mates. This turned out to be one of the best parts for us. We had a great and interesting table. If you go through Groupon like we did just be sure to keep on the website religiously as it can be hard to find a date that hasn't met its "Groupon Quota."

Visited June 2013
2 Thank stephmc85
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great ladies night out”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My three girlfriends and I attended this event the first night it showed in its new home in the Marriott Mesa. We didn't know what to expect, but predicted we'd be eating rubber chicken. The dinner consisted of a four course meal served between "acts" in the show. We had a choice of chicken, meatloaf of a vegetarian pasta dish. We tried the meatloaf and chicken and, shockingly, it was excellent. The chicken tasted as if it had just been taken off a charcoal bar-b-que grill. The show was very funny. The actors were fabulous at ad-libbing. Since the show relies on audience participation, the actors never knew what they were going to have to deal with. They were quick-witted and incorporated many current events into their schtick. There were a couple of things I didn't like. At the beginning, we were given a list of questions to ask the other diners. We had to walk around the room interviewing potential suspects. As an introvert, I was very uncomfortable with this aspect, but it was the only time it occurred. You do not have to participate in this, but I felt pressured since everyone else was doing it. It is also a long evening. We checked in at 6:15. The show started promptly at 6:30 and was not over until 10:00. When they are serving, you can use the restroom, get drinks, etc., but it's still a long night.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank az-dcSisters
Rome, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dinner Detective HORRIBLE”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was microwaved--disgusting. We were chastised for being "interactive" which was what we thought the show was about...and drinks were EXPENSIVE. We got a refund of a portion of our tickets it was so bad.

Visited October 2012