“Always a treat”

Harley's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Harley's Italian Bistro, we take great pride in serving only the freshest ingredients and sourcing our products from local businesses whenever possible. We often can be seen shopping at local farmer's markets for our vegetables, our sausage is sourced from family-owned Schreiner's Sausage, we pick out cheeses and Italian meats from local delicatessens, our green tea is sourced from our neighbor, The Green Goddess Herb Store, and we often feature other local businesses and suppliers on a seasonal basis. All of our sauces are made fresh daily in small batches and each dish is made from scratch. We value the tradition of a true Italian dining experience, and as a result you will never feel rushed in our little bistro. In fact, we invite you to linger and enjoy your company and the ambiance while allowing us the time to artfully prepare your meal.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

As a Phoenix native, and someone who has eaten at this restaurant numerous times, I will always recommend it to others, especially out of town guests. Excellent, excellent food, and the wait staff are friendly, some of which are even former employees from back when it was "Livia's". I really like the ambiance and appreciate how quiet and tranquil it is too. If you consider yourself an Italian food conniseur, you have to eat at HARLEY'S.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Harley's Italian Bistro is by far the BEST, homemade, Italian that my husband and I have came across in our travels! We stumbled upon it by googling Italian restaurants here in the area (we were staying here on vacation). The review were great so we gave Harley's a shot. Oh my goodness are we glad we did. As a foodie, I am extremely picky on the quality of food I eat. Harley's surpassed my expectations! My husband and I ordered a side salad which was just okay, but the treat was the rest of the meal. Our meals came with bread and dipping sauce which was spectacular. For the main course, I ordered the Pollo Marsala with Fettuccine Alfredo for $15. It was a huge portion! The chicken was pounded out and tender, with Marsala sauce that was decadent. The Alfredo was thick and luscious. We were told they slow simmer their homemade sauces to get the right flavor and thickness. My husband ordered the Pollo Bistro. It was equally as delicious and again $15. It was a generous dish that had chicken sauteed with sun dried tomatoes, prosciutto, spinach, onion, garlic and tossed with rosata sauce (marinara and cream sauce) and farfalle pasta. Dessert was a big piece of (again homemade) tiramisu. The marscapone cheese was perfectly sweet but tangy, with forksoft lady fingers dipped in espresso and liquor, dusted with cocoa. Amazing is all we could say! I met with the current owner who let me know that the restaurant is locally owned and their recipes are 60 years old from an Italian little lady who started the place. Look at their menu before you go and do know that parking is plentiful but located in the back. www.harleysitalianbistro.com/ MANGIA!!

Harley B, Owner at Harley's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Hello and thank you for the wonderful review! As a small bistro we rely on word of mouth and reviews to help spread the word and get our name out there! I remember both of you and it was a pleasure having you at our humble little bistro! And it was nice to meet some fellow Hoosiers :)