“I Enjoyed My Stay”

Super 8 Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #118 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Super 8 Phoenix near downtown. I was pleased with the service I received. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The manager and other desk clerks were quite friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was good and there was always plenty to go around. I would stay at this location again. The management team went out of their way to ensure that we had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: They have a nice 2-bedroom. The rooms are a nice size. Not small at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Walt S, General Manager at Super 8 Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Not only does your choir rock so do you. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed January 14, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was very unhappy with my service. The management was not helpful at all. I made an email request to Mr. Walt Schemm to cancel the booking at least a week prior to my stay. He emailed me back stating that the booking had been cancelled and that I should receive a refund in 2 to 3 weeks. I kept waiting for my refund. He stopped returning my emails each time I enquired about my refund. He is now stating that I did not send a booking cancellation request. I am VERY upset that Mr. Schemm, did not stand by his statement that he would refund my booking. I would not choose the Super 8 if there is any small chance that you may need to cancel your booking. You will not receive your refund back. I lost over $500.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PacificNWTravel
Walt S, General Manager at Super 8 Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Unfortunately I have no idea who this guest is. I have checked my emails and find no request for a cancellation in this amount. We do respond to all emails promptly. If this guest booked a prepaid non refundabel reservation, yes he ot she would be charged the full amount of the stay per their terms of the reservation. If a guest cancels a reservation they are giving a cancellation number. Again unfortunately this guest choose to use the form to blame us.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

If there was an option for 0 this hotel would get it. The manger (Walt) is very unprofessional and extremely rude.
Room had beer bottle caps on the floor, the bathrooms in multiple rooms were not in working order and it smelt horrible. Carpets were so dirty walking around your room in bare feet was not even an option. The only positive thing I encountered during my stay was the Morning front desk lady Carla.

I have been a loyal customer to Super 8 for over 10 years now.
I will never in my life stay at a Super 8 again due to the rudeness of the management at this location.

• Stayed: January 2014
Walt S, General Manager at Super 8 Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Review Readers; I do apologize for this review. It was written by a young lady that had booked 5 rooms and showed up with no way to pay for them other than her debit card. She was told we would need to authorize her card for the rooms and she stated that her school was supposed to pay for them rooms. Unfortunately this was friday night and her school was closed until monday. Since it was a debit card the money is taken out immediately. Since they were staying 4 days we could not release the money until we received another form of payment. Now the 24 year young lady writes a review, how do we know, that she what she told the police officer we had to call to calm her down, who started renting rooms at Super 8 when she was 14. Again we apologize for this review.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The room my friend and I stayed in did not have a working phone, lamp, clock, or toilet. When we told the front desk person, she kindly put us in a decent room and gave us complimentary yogurt although it was after breakfast. The next day I went down and grabbed a yogurt during breakfast and was very rudely yelled at by the man who works there (even though the woman saw me and did not mind). So, there were good things about this place (location, price, room change), but not all rooms are created equal and neither is the customer service.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a good hotel for what you pay, although the air con unit in our room was ridiculously noisey and also stank really bad! Also the ice machine wasn't working. The hotel is very well situated for downtown and chase field, about 10 - 15 min walk into town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Encanto
Hilton Phoenix Suites
Hilton Phoenix Suites
#35 of 174 in Phoenix
Phoenix Airport Marriott
#61 of 174 in Phoenix
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler

Been to Super 8 Phoenix Downtown? Share your experiences!