1,167 results
All reviews view restaurant adult pool falls pool family pool lookout mountain golf course pointe hilton main building main pool large pool relaxing stay great property business conference spring break living room family vacation bit dated
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Your experience may well depend on where your room is. I was here for a 4-day conference, and when I checked in I was sent to a first floor room in the main complex, and it was like being in a tunnel. The rooms have smallish windows in the living room in front, then balcony off the bedroom in back. The balcony had a high terra cotta front, and what view you could gain was off a parking lot and the wall of a service building away from it. I appealed to the front desk and a gracious clerk got me into a room away from the complex higher up looking over the complex with a nice view of the mountain across the highway. This made all the difference. This is a bit of an old fashioned resort kind of crammed into the natural hillsides but it has its charms. It shows its age a bit.The room I found comfortable, and I liked having fridge. TVs in both living room and bedroom. I ate at their regular restaurant, which was fine; it does have a dated look. The pools are ok. They weren't crowded while I was there and seemed understaffed; but I was able to have a couple of decent lunches poolside. There's a bar off the courtyard pool but it was closed most of the time I was there; opened on Sunday I left. One nice feature is that parking is included and is right on site; only downside is that it means you always are walking through parking lots and active car lanes, but the convenience and free aspect made that worthwhile. If you have a car, there is a full supermarket about a ten mile drive away.

Room Tip: You want something higher up, probably preferably in one of the sections away from the main complex for a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback relative to your business trip. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you want a resort with golf, scenic views, and plenty of dining options, this resort is for you. For visitors to Phoenix, say for a wedding, where you come and go for different events with a rental car, parking is something to think about. Most spots near your suite are along the (mostly) one way roads throughout the resort. Basically if you leave, the spot you left is unlikely to be empty when you return. Minor inconvenience for an overall wonderful experience.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with friends. Come back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We wanted to have a special venue for my grandson's 13th birthday and there were less than ten family members and friends. It took a few questions from the hotel to figure out the best way to get enough pool passes, so this is what we came up with. We live in Sedona and this is Phoenix so we reserved a room that has a little separate living space with a refrigerator, couch, coffee table and a couple chairs. It is summer time so they have great prices when it is 110 degrees - $99 plus a lot of taxes. It was around $148 by the time they were through with all the taxes. We rented a Cabana by the pool - $70 + $10 tax. When you reserve a room, you get four wrist bands for the pool. The cabana gives you six more bands when you are staying there. Be sure they have checked the refrigerator so they can make a note of what supplies for the bar are in there. They charged us $4.00 and we did not take anything from the bar fridge. I talked to them about it and they removed the charge. Also, we did not order anything from the waitress at the pool cabana but they added a tip charge anyway which we disputed. They automatically charge you 20% gratuity for any drink or food you order when at the pool. The good part is the pools were very nice The kids liked the little tornado slide even though they wanted a bigger one, it was good enough for the party. They give you towels for everyone. So it all worked out for our purposes because he opened his presents in the living room and we had cake there at the end of the day. We went out to MOD Pizza so everyone could order what they wanted individually. No muss no fuss. They went home and we had a quiet evening on a comfortable bed. The shower was nice. There was one problem, the air-conditioning vent was tilted to blow on the ceiling and there was about a foot of mold in that spot. They said they would take care of it. So before you accept your room, check the ceiling in the bedroom area. The bell captain was very accommodating and led us over through the maze of two story buildings and pointed out where to park and where our room was. You can also get them to pick up and take you to the pool if it is a good distance away. Everyone had a pleasant attitude which makes up for the little mishaps. Would I do this again for a teen's party. Probably. But now I am more educated on the real costs and how to check things before we accept the room. Hope these details help you work your way through the maze of details when having a mini party.

Stayed: July 2018

Thank you for choosing Tapatio Cliffs for your grandson’s 13th birthday. We love hearing that everyone had a good time and will look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

The resort is so cute! I highly recommend room 6417 for awesome views. the pool was great and the cabana rental is totally worth it if you plan on having a full day at the pool. The food was very good.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
RonSimon, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a good time. Come back soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

This was my first trip by myself. It was so relaxing. The staff was friendly and at my service with anything I needed. My room was clean and fully stocked with everything I needed including a mini frig. My room was set with an amazing view from the balcony. The resort is so large they pick you up and take your anywhere you want to go within the property. So I played golf , enjoyed the water falls & pools and enjoyed a quiet dinner & cocktails at the restaurant 'A Pointe in Time'. I'll definitely be back !

Stayed: August 2018

We’re so happy to hear that you had a fun and relaxing visit and we will look forward to your return.