1,564 results
All reviews gallo blanco rooftop bar free snacks front desk candy bars pool area junior suite hip hotel central phoenix on site restaurant covered parking beautiful pool bottled water hot tub light rail happy hour tranquilo
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

First of all, shout out to Jodi at the front desk! She was so so friendly and sweet and made our trip the best! We had difficulty with a different hotel and she got us in and helped us out! Made our trip so great!

Chris the bartender was super friendly, and kept a drink on our hands the whole
Trip! Very professional and courteous. He had a great recommendation with the steak burrito that was delicious at tranquilo”

Love this hotel and these 2 made it an awesome trip. Highly recommended! Sweet rooftop bar!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Israely R, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Wow, thank you so much for your glowing review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass along your kind comments to our staff as well, we are so glad you received exemplary service! This is the type of service we strive to give to every single one of our guests. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

If I am looking for a local place to visit my first stop is always the Clarendon! I live nearby and it is a little sanctuary in the middle of Phoenix! Jodi at the front desk went over and above to help us out and made my birthday week start out with a bang! they have a fantastic hot tub a great location and fantastic rooms you cannot go wrong at the Clarendon!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad you continue to enjoy your time with us, this is exactly the type of experience we want all of our guests to have, local and non local alike! I will pass along our compliment to our Front Desk staff as well, we appreciate it! Have a great afternoon and please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I booked this motel on Priceline and was quite disappointed. Priceline rated it as a four star hotel. I'm not sure how it got this rating but I have stayed in two star motels that are just as nice. The pool area and restaurant were nice, but the room was, at best, two star. The room was clean, but very dated. I am normally satisfied with 2 star or 3 star motels. This stay was to celebrate my 28th anniversary, so I was going for something a little more up-scale than normal. Usually the 2 and 3 star motels I stay at either have an adequate number of outlets, or there is some type of accommodations made to allow for additional outlets (a power strip or lamp bases with additional outlets) However, all but about 1/2 of an outlet were taken up by the clock, lamps, tv and mini-fridge. We had to unplug lamps to charge our devices. There were no usb outlets or powerstrips to be found. I believe that a four star motel would at least be updated with sufficient places to charge a few devices. The building is made of cinder block. The interior walls appear to be made of cinder block with some sort of rough texture smeared over them to cover the cinder-block. The carpet was strange and had a very low pile. It had the feel of an outdoor carpet. All the room doors open to an outdoor walkway and face an inner courtyard. With the door fully closed, we could see daylight coming in around the door and the door frame.
I will say that the room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom sink was modern and updated, but the bathroom was quite small. The shower had a nice shower head. The fitness room was small but had some very nice, newer equipment and is very sufficient for two, or at most three people to use at once. Any more than 3 or 4 and there is not enough room. The pool area was attractive and is probably one of the best features of the motel. The "hot tub" was large and the water was warm. (we didn't get in). We stayed in January and the pool felt quite chilly. (I didn't get in and would not want to). I was very surprised when I read the "brochure" that was handed to me by the front desk staff. The brochure informed me that I would be charged an additional $20 for use of the fitness room, wifi, and "unlimited snacks". It was explained to me that this is a fee that all guests pay regardless of whether they want to use any of the "amenities" that it paid for. We were not intending to eat any of the snacks, but when we found out we paid $20 for them, we partook and we were given all we wanted during our stay. The snacks were a nice feature, but we would have rather kept our $20 and passed on the snacks. I guess there is also a $10 parking fee to use the parking lot, but the employee waived this fee for some reason, (without me asking to have it waived). I appreciated that.
We engaged with several employees during our stay and all were very friendly and courteous, even after I complained about the extra $20 charge, the male employee was very courteous to me. I appreciated that. There may have been some additional amenities on the roof of the building that we noticed as we were leaving, but we never went up there to see what was there.
Overall, if the motel was advertised, and priced, as a two star motel (or maybe three star) I would have been satisfied. But the room itself could not be rated 4 stars. I overpaid for the room. If I would have known ahead of time what I was staying in, I would have found another place to stay. If you are satisfied with a two star quality room with a nice pool and restaurant/bar area, you may enjoy this motel. If you are looking for a 4 star quality room, I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Room tip: our room was nothing special and I don't know where a better room would be.
Date of stay: January 2020

Good afternoon, we are rated as a 4 star boutique hotel in the Phoenix Midtown area. we are currently in the middle of many renovations and changes throughout our property, thank you for your thorough feedback and patience. We would love to have you join us in the future and experience all of the new changes we are currently working on. Thank you again and have a great afternoon!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Not greeted at check-in. Had to ask to ask for help. Then front desk clerk transferred us to another employee 1/2 way through check-in because her shift was over. Construction noise upon arrival, no phones in rooms, no wash cloths, no hand towels, thread bare property (carpeting, walls, paint, furniture), unkempt lobby and pool area. Awoken at 7:30 am with a gardener moving rocks from underneath the stairway by shovel into a steel wheelbarrow. Horrific noise. Fraudulent billing - - - was confirmed at $99 (directly with the hotel) and in the middle of the night the rate was raised to $169. Truly the worst hotel experience of my life. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Keith, thank you for your thorough feedback. Our General Manager has been in contact with you and hopefully he has cleared up any confusion regarding your rate and your stay as a whole. Thank you for your feedback, if you have any other concerns you can contact us directly. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

This is not a four-star hotel. I suppose it must have technically passed some inspection saying that it was, but it does not rise to the level of other four-star hotels I have stayed in. As odd as this might sound, if this were a three-star hotel, I would be giving it a better review.

I'm surprised by all the people who find this hotel charming - to me it appears to have not been renovated since the seventies. It is very noisy at night, and is in a bit of a rough neighborhood. The blackout shades weren't fully blackout. My sleep quality was quite low because the bed was extremely hard.

On the positive side, the room was very spacious and provided complimentary water bottles.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Israely R, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Grace, thank you so much for your feedback. We are currently making improvements to every single aspect of our property, and we greatly appreciate your patience and feedback.