The Clarendon Hotel and Spa
$127
$110
$108
  • Pool
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$149
$238
$219
  • Restaurant
1,416 results
All reviewsgallo blancorooftop barfree snackscafe tranquilofront deskcandy barspool areatacoship hotelbreakfast vouchersjunior suitewine hourcentral phoenixon site restaurantstay cationgreat poollight rail
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have stayed there three times and will continue to make it our HQ when in Phoenix.

The hotel is funky not fancy. The staff are friendly and have always made us feel personally welcome.

This place is FUN. The bar and restaurant are great. The food is way above average. The rates are reasonable. Don't skip Flamenco night!

I always feel like we are part of a "happening."

Only complaint - I wish there more places by the pool to catch some sun. If you aren't there first,the pool sitting areas fill up fast

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I can't wait to go back to The Clarendon!

Every summer I stay here to relax and unwind. The pool, hot tub, waterfall, and now cabanas create a real sense of luxury that makes me forget I haven't even left the town I live in.

The hotel's bar and restaurant, Gallo Blanco (I like to eat there when I can even when I don't stay at The Clarendon), has the best halibut tacos and elote callejero!! You can snack by the pool, order drinks and create a space that is very rejuvenating.

I stayed in a suite on my last visit (and the visit before that). Nice living room area, good size refrigerator, modern couch/fold out bed, but it was the linens, comforter and pillows that I can't stop thinking about. Literally soft as a cloud. When you lay down, they have the relaxing cool, crispness that feels so good after being in the hot sun. I felt cradled and cozy in the sublime softness.

As you can tell by my day-dreamy reminiscing , I already need another in-town vacation.

Room Tip: The suites behind the waterfall area are nicely shaded, spacious and feature excellent amenities.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have spent two of our anniversaries at The Clarendon. Both times we immediately felt a really comfortable, cool atmosphere. I feel that the value is great! It is almost impossible to stay anywhere in the metro area in April for under $300, so we were very impressed with our cost. The beds are very comfortable & bedding is so nice. Nicely done!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My family and I had the unique pleasure of spending a few days at The Clarendon while attending a Crossfit competition. I can honestly say I've never stayed in such an eclectic place. The mood and decor was a cross between retro and post modern. You just can't place it but you feel like you're in some sort of dream. I felt I was in a Tarantino movie and, as a filmmaker, and I have every intention of approaching the owner about shooting a film there at some point. When ever we come to Phoenix, we will be staying at this unusual place. I should also say that the staff was very accommodating. The restaurant in the lobby is also a great place to eat. Don't want to over rate it, the Hyatt it is not but I don't think they make that claim. For the price, it's solid. It's a Holliday Inn Express on LSD.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had stayed here once before and wanted a quick "staycation". Found an awesome deal and decided to go for it. Check in was quick and easy. The lobby is really cool- and there's some gruesome history from an assassination in the 70s or 80s- that was my sons favorite part! The kids loved the pool and we really liked the room. I like the decor because I don't feel like I'm staying at a chain hotel. I guess my only complaint was that I should have booked 2 nights.

• Stayed: April 2013