“Modernly Charming”

Ranked #15 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hurricane, Utah, United States
“Modernly Charming”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Loved this hotel! Decor was very modern. The staff was excellent. The beds by far where the most comfortable I've had in a hotel stay in awhile. The restaurant in the hotel had great service and food. The staff also recommended a awesome restaurant near by called The Fez, also great food and service. The hot tub was the biggest I've ever seen in a hotel. Didn't use the pool, but the area was quite charming. The pool is in the center of the hotel so you get a great feeling of being inside but really outside. The Keurig in room coffee (free) unlike some places I've stayed was awesome! The roof top deck would be a great gathering place for drinks with friends.

Room Tip: Go for the suite it was very nice to have the seperation from the bedroom area. It's worth the l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoAnn S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013

First time traveling to Phoenix and I need a place with central location. Check. Also needed breakfast in the morning and an area where I could do my work at the early hours. Double check. Then I wanted to be able to work out, watch some cable, and have the room for a guest or two. The Clarendon had it all. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant to interact with. It felt like every time I had a need and asked, that need was met. This hotel was busy but quiet, modern but quaint. Next time I'm in Phoenix, i'll be here.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for less noise and facing the city for a decent view! Pick out your hot spots...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank melvin b
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I went to Downtown Phoenix last month and loved staying here. The staff was really cool and the rooms were amazing. We had a nice little window that looked out onto the outdoor pool and it looked fantastic. I don't generally go to Phoenix, but this hotel made me feel welcome and more importantly, comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Norberto B
Window rock
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked our stay on a travel website for a short trip tip Phoenix over the New Year holidays. The staff is friendly and accommodating providing directions, restaurant recommendations and snacks. Our room was very comfortable and I truly appreciated the Keurig coffee. The on site restaurant provided great food and warm service. We actually extended our stay. This has to be the best stay in Phoenix, and at very reasonable prices.

2 Thank Therese M
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was on January 1, 2013 and it turned out to be a great way to start the year. The welcome at the desk felt sincere, and the offer of free bottled water and snacks reinforced our sense that we were truly valued as guests.

The hotel was clean, the pool was as delightful as had been anticipated and the room was clean and quiet.

The restaurant and bar are operated as separate entities and both offered excellent quality and value. The two $10 breakfast coupons almost covered the cost of our breakfasts.

I don't know how the hotel can make a profit - what was offered would have been worth the cost at twice the price.

Many thanks for a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: This was my first visit. The picture of the room gives the impression that it is smaller than it ac...
2 Thank TMan800
Orange, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013

That being said I have always received world class customer service when staying at The Clarendon. I travel often, for both business and for vacation. The Clarendon has become my home away from home. The funky vibe, great staff, wonderful restaurant and wonderful rooms make me feel right at home. I honestly feel as if the Clarendon is ranked with some of the 4 and 5 star resorts I have seen, at a fraction of the price and when on vacation the money you save on the room goes to more fun exploring the new scenery. NOT TO MENTION ITS LOCALLY OWNED!!!

I LOVE THE CLARENDON!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank DM762
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My girlfriend booked us a night at the Clarendon for little change during my trip to see her. It was a wonderful place, we really liked the art and the restaurant. The staff and the room were great, it was nice to be able to grab a bottle of water and a little snack on the way up to the room and not be charged an arm and a leg like other hotels. The staff even asked of we wanted anything for the road when we were checking out. It was a very enjoyable night and I would recommend staying there. Even if you don't stay at the hotel I would recommend going to Gallo Blanco, the food was amazing, a perfect fit for this boutique hotel.

1 Thank Lance F