“Perfect staycation”

The Clarendon Hotel and Spa
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Bought groupon for 2-night stay at Clarendon Hotel for $49.00 per night. I used the groupon and stayed at Clarendon Hotel for a weekend stay. Nice hotel, retro modern boutique hotel with very friendly staff. Mexican restaurant, Gallo Blanco in the hotel was hopping. Great food for a reasonable price. Shrimp ceviche and fish tacos are a must. Our room was spacious ( junior suite) , nice view of the swimming pool. Complimentary snacks and water bottles, free parking are a plus. The hotel is conviently located near the monorail. There's a 24-hour Walgreenswihin walking distance. Highly recommend this hotel for those who want to stay in an urban, chic, modern boutique hotel. My husband and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to be close to my daughters high school for a special event. Location was very convenient and neighborhood felt safe. Hotel is indeed urban although I think I may have appreciated it more had I been younger and hipper. Pool area and rooftop terrace were the place to be - very cool areas to hang out. Service was outstanding from check in to restaurant staff. Rooms very comfortable, especially the bed. While not typical of a hotel I would normally pick, I would return again as I really enjoyed the vibe.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were there for 4 nights and adored it! Loved the service, ambiance, and food was great at on site restaurant. Breakfasts were delicious! we had king size bed...ABSolutely comfortable! Towels large and fluffy too.coffee maker in room and free bottles water. Mini fridge in room so great! Ac too if needed! Solid building...sound proof!
Staff super friendly and sky deck to die for. Staff are super helpful in packing up meals( breakfast) for us to take up to deck.they even remembered butter and syrup for my hot cakes!
Colorful pool area...told nd loungers.. Only reason I didn't give 5 star is due to pool being too cold for my taste. Heated would have been the clincher! But we would definitely stay there again!!!!!!

S & C sanders

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The service here is fantastic. Anything that you need, they are on top of. They even hand out free drinks-water, cokes, etc. and snacks. they helped us get settled in, told us about the great restaurant and bar. the pool is fun. they have a salt water Jacuzzi, which you can swim in. The rooms are really cozy, the beds are so comfy. This is a fun place.

Room Tip: If you want to be behind the waterfall choose rooms 15-19. they are $25 more, but I understand they...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

When we arrived, we were immediately and warmly greeted and offered water. We were given a map and times for happy hour in the downstairs restaurant. When we left, we were offered water and a snack. Best customer service!
The room was clean and large, and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Clarendon from 09/25-09/27 it was an AWESOME experience. It had a bohemian SoHo feel to it, so NOT cookie cutter. The room was so inviting, when I walked in there was a lovely scent and some jazzy music was playing. I HAD to jump in the pool which was salt water, which I loved and music underwater. The restaurant and bar were great too. Wednesday was Flamenco dancing, again so fun. I highly recommended staying there next time you visit Phoenix.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'm in the midst of a 10 day stay here, and I can honestly say this is amongst my favorite hotels in the world.

I travel year-round, and just got off a six month assignment and needed a quiet place to finish my work. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

The restaurant downstairs is amazing. Breakfast vouchers cover a huge, fresh meal with at least 15 choices. Lunch and dinner menus cover virtually any taste. Get here soon for the octopus tacos.

Decor of this hotel is indeed early 70's art deco, which I love - the pool area is quiet and very beautiful. The hot tub is luxurious, clean, and connected to the pool. The design is outstanding.

Staff - friendly, outgoing, helpful, and fun. I have already traded music with one of the bartenders.

I barely feel like I need to leave this place. What a treat.

But, if I did, there's a Safeway two blocks away, and Phoenix's most happening night club The Rhythm Room two blocks the other way.

About me: a music industry professional on a sabbatical. have traveled the world continuously for the last 15 years, I know what I like in hotels, and don't expect or want hand-and-foor luxury everywhere I go. I just appreciate pride and individuality in vacation spots. This place has individuality NAILED.

Also, I am writing this review in one of their incredibly nice bathrobes...on one of the nicest beds I have ever slept in. Not too shabby.

Upon checkin - I was given a very fair offer to upgrade to a suite. Given what I already took to be a very fair room price, I upgraded. Unbelievable.

There are of course little things that a fussy traveler could poke holes in, but for me, this place is perfect.

If you are young (even at heart), and want to experience Phoenix as opposed to Scottsdale...this is the place for you.

What fun, not a normal hotel - and beautiful for exactly that.

Room Tip: Ask to upgrade to a suite - if not busy, you're in luck.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business