“Oh What Fun I Had”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent my Birthday weekend here and had an amazing stay. The room was very roomy the bed comfortable and the staff overly accommodating. The hotel is conveniently located near the lightrail station so you have access to all that's downtown and uptown as well. Believe me there's plenty to do within the hotel as well within its parameter. The pool is very inviting and the wait staff is very accessible if you require food or drinks.
I'm a local and though I don't stay in hotels in town to often I'd definitely return here and suggest it to others within or out of state.

Room Tip: If you really want a view, get a room thats window faces East, South or North. I had a west view and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here with friends for a summer staycation. Pool was excellent, room was above average and the amenities were well above average. The complimentary tea/coffee service in the morning was perfect for a hangover! Poolside food and drinks were yummy. Negatives: The Blue Hound restaurant was so so and we had to call maid service twice for extra towels.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Swank sophistication in the heart of downtown Phoenix. The staff here is incredible and each and every one of them understands service with effortless style. This is true from the general manager on down to the valet staff. Our every need was met.The one bedroom suite was the perfect setting for a weekend staycation and is outfitted with modern spa-like amenities. The inventive food and drink choices are not to be missed. This is our second stay at Palomar Cityscape in the past month. We'll be back!

Rick F.
Phoenix

Room Tip: Pamper yourself with a corner one bedroom suite. The spacious living room and spa bathroom with a do...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was in town with ten of my employees for a week for a joint training conference with our office in Phoenix. Not only were the accommodations top notch, but the service was exemplary! After I returned home, one of my employees had failed to get a receipt; within two minutes of my phone call, I had a .pdf copy of the proper receipt in my email. The free happy hour on the second floor was a great way to unwind from a day full of training, and it was easy walking distance to everything. The rooms were wonderful too; they were quiet, well appointed, clean, and comfortable!

I would highly recommend this hotel for business, family, romance, or any activity which brings you to the heart of Phoenix.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Hotel Palomar with a group of friends from Phoenix. The attention to detail was amazing, beginning with the wine tasting when we arrived and the superior service at the pool the following day! (Thank you, Lisa) We truly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Diana G
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The exemplary service started as soon as we pulled up to valet and was consistent throughout our stay from every area. Our room exceeded my expectations and we had a view directly overlooking US Airways Arena. Next time we have a staycation, I won't even bother looking at other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

... even amidst construction. This new hotel is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, just a short walk from numerous attractions including US Airways Center arena. We stayed on the 6th floor, just below a construction site (they were building penthouses above us). But surprisingly, noise wasn't really an issue and we didn't need to use the earplugs provided on the night stand. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and I slept soundly. Staff was friendly and helpful. There's a pool on the third floor with a chic patio bar called Lustre flush with umbrellas, shade, and a misting system. The second floor restaurant, Blue Hound, offers adventurous locavore fare and a thick book of inventive craft cocktails. We parked in the CityScape garage ($27 a day max); the hotel offers valet parking for the same rate. I've stayed in a handful of hotels in downtown Phoenix, and I would have to say, when it comes to comfort, cleanliness, and location, Hotel Palomar is the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple