“Exalent Staff,”

Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
NM
“Exalent Staff,”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We stayed here for 2 days for a funural, we wanted to stay close to the family there and did not know a thing about this hotel/suite. everything from the reservations to ck out was very easy and staff was kind, friendly, and very cheerful and helpful. I have never ever stayed at a place that has such a great staff, everyone of them had a smile and wanted to help. I felt right at home there. The location was easy to get to and clean large rooms. Anything we needed they would accomadate us. They even offered to get us food earlyer then 6:30am if we needed to leave before that if we needed it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
CRW99
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We liked the price and location. The staff was truly excellent. The room was clean and well maintained. Great breakfast. We left a camera, and the maid gave it to the hotel lost and found and the camera was mailed to our address. We will stay there agin.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed January 2009
Richmond, VA
Reviewed January 19, 2009

The number deal breaker with this place is the Internet, it has issues, it seems to be a re-occurring problem based on other TripAdvisor reviews.

Other then internet from time to time the rates on this place drop and can be a real good deal overall.

What to expect for the complementary breakfast: Pillow Eggs, Hard Boiled Eggs, Sausage, Cereal, Milk, Juice, Waffles, Assorted Breads, Fruit, oat meal. The pillow eggs are real scary, they are perfect round circles made in a factory somewhere, they taste okay, but I hate to think what kind of additives are in those. Sausages are super greasy, extra cheap and could probably rival the additives in the eggs.

The Good:
- Suite style room
- Sometimes has great rates
- Fitness trail right next to the hotel
- Close to allot of restaurants (Sweat Tomatoes and Souper Salad are in walking distance in case you are feeling guilty about your artificial breakfast foods)
- Comfortable beds
- Breakfast while fake offers items you don't normally find at hotels like this
- Clean

The Bad:
- Non-usable Internet
- Room layout is such that you will most likely trip over the coffee table coming in or out of your room
- Design is a little tired and has a bunch of typical cheap hotel furniture (except the bed).
- If you get a room on the far end, it is a hike to the elevator
- The remote in my room was for a different brand of TV and was not compatible with my TV.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bw0
Anchorage
Reviewed November 20, 2008

We stayed at this property during the races at PIR. They had a full house that weekend but you would have never known. Very quiet, close to good food, their breakfast is okay and the property is uber clean.

• Liked — You have a lot of space in your room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I stayed here Oct 08 for about a week on business in Phoenix.

Despite some very minor complaints I gave this hotel five stars for service. The friendliness of the staff at this hotel is excellent across the board. The cleanliness of the rooms and the efficiency of which the housekeepers do their work is superior to any hotel I have stayed at. The only place where the staff was consistently more friendly was at the Cozumel Palace in Cozumel Mexico.

The hotel and rooms are kept very clean and if you want fresh sheets each day you are there, you place a little card on the bedsheets. You might think you automatically get clean sheets ever day you stay at any given hotel but you would be sadly mistaken.

The breakfast for a continental offering is outstanding with little "egg patties" Sausage, Cereal, Bagels, Oatmeal that you can add nuts, raisins and Cinnamon to, Three juices(Lemon, Orange, and Apple)

The Wireless internet in your room works consistently, although slow. You can't surf pictures or send large documents but I never had a problem logging on.

The property is safe, well kept and clean although next to highway 17. There are three well known franchise restaurants on the same road as the hotel with a mall across the highway with 3 or 4 main franchise restaurants and a full mall.

The area outside the block of the hotels is a little depressed with some pan handlers but I never felt unsafe.

I was asked for money or food a few times and when I said no, I was told "thank you anyway, god bless!"

I would definitely stay here again when in phoenix. Although I would rather stay somewhere with a restaurant and a bigger breakfast, the service level of this hotel make up for any minor complaints I might have.

• Liked — The level of service
  • Disliked — No restaurant, room wasn't large enough to occomodate two separate rooms with doors between the bedroom and workroom
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2008

We stayed here in April before driving up to the Grand Canyon. We arrived very late at night due to a delayed flight. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport, right off I-17. We went right to bed and fell asleep quickly in the very comfortable beds and quiet hotel. The five of us fit very comfortably since the sofa pulled out to a bed. The free breakfast was much more than we expected. They had belgian waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, etc. They even had containers to take food to go if you were in a rush. There is a nice outdoor pool, but we did not have time to use it. Overall it was the perfect place for an overnight stay, and the free breakfast was nice since we needed to get on the road quickly in the morning.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
VA
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This is a nice hotel, and probably would've ranked higher save for one problem -- a very big problem for a business traveler.

When I checked in at 8 p.m. I went immediately to eat, figuring I would work when I returned. That was a mistake because their wireless Internet was completely worthless.

First, you need a password, which is nowhere to be found. After calling the front desk to get it, I set out to connect. The signal was very weak and kept cutting in and out. At some points it was so weak that Windows couldn't repair the connection.

What looked like a wired option (an outlet marked "modem") did nothing.

It was too late by then to do anything about this -- and I was too angry to sleep.

Rather than stay the second night I checked out, and the nice young fellow asked if something was wrong. I told him exactly what was wrong, and how having no viable Internet for a business traveler is like not having a bed. His response: "Oh, yeah, we've been having problems with the Internet."

Beyond that, the room was big, though a nighlight that was part of the hair dryer couldn't be shut off and cast a glow on the bed all night.

The breakfast buffet was ample.

I'm at the Fairfield Inn in Mesa now, where this review is proof that the wired Internet access works. This is also a much nicer area.

For a few bucks more, you can do better than this SpringHill.

• Liked — Large, clean room.
  • Disliked — Malfunctioning Internet connection.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business