“Nice place however will not return”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #69 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The place was nice however the noise from the freeway was horrible. I didn't think it was that close and the traffic did not slow down the entire night. Poor choice of location for the three Marriott hotels. I love Marriott however I will not return to any of these hotels.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gaylyne M
PhoenixSHS, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi Glmarshall,

I want to thank you for your feedback and kind words about our hotel. I apologize your stay wasn't quiet as you expected. We know how important a good night sleep is to our guests and it looks like we fell short of making this happen. I encourage you to please reach out to me next time you find yourself in the area so we can accommodate you with a room more to your liking.

Yi-Hsin Chen
Springhill Suites Phoenix North

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at this property during Spring Break. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. They are in a good shape, and recently modeled. The staff is very helpful and kind, they are always smiling and customer-oriented.
The swimming pool is too small, and unattended. People can use it by night and in the morning it looks rather dirty (we found an empty can on the bottom). However, they promptly came at least to remove the can. I would not consider it a property's fault, but they probably should limit the use to daytime.
Housekeeping is less than adequate. We found a dirty pillow (a shoe stamp on one side). However, it is sufficiently clean to feel safe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PhoenixSHS, Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hi Mr. Solari,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I apologize you had some housekeeping issues in your room and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the SpringHill Suites in mind next time you stay in the area.

Yi-Hsin Chen
Springhill Suites Phoenix North

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We definitely felt like royalty staying here. The staff is so kind and customer-service-oriented! The staff on hand for the breakfasts made sure the food stayed filled and the area stayed clean.

Breakfast was amazing. I've had hot breakfasts before at hotels, but the eggs always manage to be grody. Not here. The eggs were cooked to perfection. You can definitely tell their cook on staff takes pride in his or her work! We stayed for a week and had different offerings every day: sausage links, sausage patties and gravy, bacon, etc. etc. There were also waffles/toast/cereal/yogurt offerings as well.

Beds were great. We both traveled there with my father-in-law, so 3 people/2 beds. The beds were incredibly comfortable. We all got great sleep! The rooms were quiet and the blinds did a great job keeping out the light. My only complaint: there were baseball tournaments going on when we were in town, and some of this kids were noisy, which we could hear through the door on occasion.

Spa was excellent. For being February, the hot tub was a nice sight to see. My only complaint here: it was closed for the first 2 days of our stay due to "filtration problems". That was promptly fixed and we were able to enjoy the spa area the rest of our stay.

Location is okay. It's along a one way street, which I suppose the hotel can't help too much but it did make for sort of a hassle if you're coming in from the opposite direction. IT's close to one of the best BBQ places in AZ (Bobby Qs).

The hotel was VERY clean and very modern looking. I will definitely be staying here again. We really hit it out of the park choosing this hotel on our first visit to Phoenix!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed in a king suite, here for Spring Training. Fresh decor, comfortable room, good breakfast, easy check-in. Big desk, giant sofa. Closet was a little small for the two of us and it would be good to have tables on both sides of the sofa, but these are minor points. Convenient area to highway, shops, restaurants. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our first stay at Springhill Suites Phoenix North. We chose it to be near a meeting that we attend annually and after BAD experiences at two other nearby "suite chains" in previous years. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the desk staff were helpful and friendly.

The hotel is well maintained, very clean, and brightly lit. Although there was a teen sports team celebrating on our floor, we could not hear them in our room!

Our suite was roomy and well planned with the bathroom sink area separate from the toilet/tub. The bed was comfortable and we both slept well, although the pillows were not the luxurious "Pacific Coast" pillows at some other Marriott properties. Tables with good reading lamps were on each side of the bed. A thoughtful architectural touch was the angled center wall, which permitted TV viewing from both the living room and bedroom. I appreciated having a separate table with lamp and lots of plug-ins where I could apply makeup and be out of my husband's way -- a mirror over the desk would have been nice so that I didn't have to do my hair at the bathroom sink.

The complimentary breakfast included freshly cooked oatmeal (NOT the little packets that you make yourself) with cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans and raisins; yogurt, bananas, a variety of fruit juices; eggs and ham; biscuits and gravy; muffins and a waffle maker. The friendly breakfast room attendants kept the counter well supplied and cleaned at all times.

One disappointment: Although I had called ahead to see if the spa was open, a sign on the pool door said it was closed due to a filtration problem. So, we had just taken our bathing suits for a ride again.

All in all, I think we've finally found a nice place to stay every year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I always enjoy being in SpringHill Suites. I love the updated decor and the spacious rooms. It was so nice to have a clean room, unlike some of the hotels in the area. The front desk did well accommodating an early check in. It was really nice to have a variety of teas to pick from in the lobby.

Only cons:
Not a whole lot of variety in tv channels.
The hot water/coffee bar seems like is was filled in the morning and not touched all day. A freshening up around check in would be nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The room was extremely clean, from the sheets to the carpet to the bathroom. The room was spacious and had a kitchenette of sorts (mini-fridge, microwave and sink). The desk area was also roomy and had a lamp for lighting. The sofabed couch was long and comfortable. There was a large, flat-screen television with basic cable and one HBO channel. The bathroom was spacious, and the vanity sink area was conveniently located. The room was decorately nicely with great attention to style and detail. A complimentary buffet was included daily - the menu always included yogurt, cereal, waffles, fruit and juices, while the "hot meal" varied (always some form of egg with ham, bacon, biscuits with gravy, etc.). The business center consisted of one computer in the lobby/breakfast area. The fitness center contained 2 treadmills, one elliptical, a bench and a rack of dumbells. The outdoor pool area was clean (pool depth max was 5 ft), including the jacuzzi. The location is right along the side of I-17 so it is easy to travel most places in the Phoenix area. It is very close to Metro Center Mall.

The only things I was not happy about were (1) the front desk told me they did not have q-tips (which I had forgotten), and (2) the mattress was extremely soft and had points that were much softer from frequent sitting in that spot.

Overall, an excellent hotel and worth the money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends