“Clean and comfortable, conveniently located”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #74 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed in a king suite, here for Spring Training. Fresh decor, comfortable room, good breakfast, easy check-in. Big desk, giant sofa. Closet was a little small for the two of us and it would be good to have tables on both sides of the sofa, but these are minor points. Convenient area to highway, shops, restaurants. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Phoenix North

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our first stay at Springhill Suites Phoenix North. We chose it to be near a meeting that we attend annually and after BAD experiences at two other nearby "suite chains" in previous years. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the desk staff were helpful and friendly.

The hotel is well maintained, very clean, and brightly lit. Although there was a teen sports team celebrating on our floor, we could not hear them in our room!

Our suite was roomy and well planned with the bathroom sink area separate from the toilet/tub. The bed was comfortable and we both slept well, although the pillows were not the luxurious "Pacific Coast" pillows at some other Marriott properties. Tables with good reading lamps were on each side of the bed. A thoughtful architectural touch was the angled center wall, which permitted TV viewing from both the living room and bedroom. I appreciated having a separate table with lamp and lots of plug-ins where I could apply makeup and be out of my husband's way -- a mirror over the desk would have been nice so that I didn't have to do my hair at the bathroom sink.

The complimentary breakfast included freshly cooked oatmeal (NOT the little packets that you make yourself) with cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans and raisins; yogurt, bananas, a variety of fruit juices; eggs and ham; biscuits and gravy; muffins and a waffle maker. The friendly breakfast room attendants kept the counter well supplied and cleaned at all times.

One disappointment: Although I had called ahead to see if the spa was open, a sign on the pool door said it was closed due to a filtration problem. So, we had just taken our bathing suits for a ride again.

All in all, I think we've finally found a nice place to stay every year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I always enjoy being in SpringHill Suites. I love the updated decor and the spacious rooms. It was so nice to have a clean room, unlike some of the hotels in the area. The front desk did well accommodating an early check in. It was really nice to have a variety of teas to pick from in the lobby.

Only cons:
Not a whole lot of variety in tv channels.
The hot water/coffee bar seems like is was filled in the morning and not touched all day. A freshening up around check in would be nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The room was extremely clean, from the sheets to the carpet to the bathroom. The room was spacious and had a kitchenette of sorts (mini-fridge, microwave and sink). The desk area was also roomy and had a lamp for lighting. The sofabed couch was long and comfortable. There was a large, flat-screen television with basic cable and one HBO channel. The bathroom was spacious, and the vanity sink area was conveniently located. The room was decorately nicely with great attention to style and detail. A complimentary buffet was included daily - the menu always included yogurt, cereal, waffles, fruit and juices, while the "hot meal" varied (always some form of egg with ham, bacon, biscuits with gravy, etc.). The business center consisted of one computer in the lobby/breakfast area. The fitness center contained 2 treadmills, one elliptical, a bench and a rack of dumbells. The outdoor pool area was clean (pool depth max was 5 ft), including the jacuzzi. The location is right along the side of I-17 so it is easy to travel most places in the Phoenix area. It is very close to Metro Center Mall.

The only things I was not happy about were (1) the front desk told me they did not have q-tips (which I had forgotten), and (2) the mattress was extremely soft and had points that were much softer from frequent sitting in that spot.

Overall, an excellent hotel and worth the money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tmgatty
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were in town for Barrett-Jackson and some sightseeing,so thought we would check this place out, conveniently located next to I 17. Desk staff was ALWAYS attentive when we walked by and the breakfast was as complete as can be. I guess they could have bacon instead of sausage, but the price and hours were perfect (free). Rooms were quite, even though we were next to the ice machine and there was a high school hockey team in the building. Several good restaurants within easy walking distance up the street and a shopping mall across the highway. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. We're used to a firmer bed, but still very comfortable. Only negative was the bright bathroom light/fan that flickered when you turned it on, which is no big deal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gaffroz
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This has to be one of the best lodging values in Phoenix. I was going to book the very popular nearby Candlewood Suites but took a chance on SpringHill for $20 less. I paid $72 a night with my AAA card and was very pleased with my stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

This is a smartly-designed chain. It's not huge on amenities but every little detail is thoughtfully chosen, with an eye toward the budget-minded business traveler. The rooms are austere but pleasant with a bright color scheme, dignified artworks and modern furnishings. These aren't really suites with separate interior rooms. They're more like studio apartments. Partitions divide the work, sleep and living areas. If you need to be able to close a door so that one of you can work, talk on the phone or watch TV while the other sleeps, this might not be the place for you. But it's great for what it is.

The kitchenettes have a sink, microwave, coffeemaker, and mini-fridge with some paper plates and plastic utensils. Perfect for reheating some leftovers or a quick soup on the fly but not for making a meal... Water pressure is excellent in the shower. The Paul Mitchell shampoo was a nice surprise and an example of one of the many small details they get right... My room, 215, was generally quiet, but for a little ambient road noise and the occasional bit of passing hallway chat. No issues with noise from any of the adjoining rooms - next door, above or below. I did notice a little gap between the bottom of the door and the carpeted floor - a minor annoyance. The room AC has a reliable digital thermostat and worked great when needed.

The hotel staff is exemplary. Everyone seems to enjoy their job and sincerely care about the quality of your experience. Sydney, the night clerk who checked me in, suggested interesting places to eat. All the front desk clerks and managers were sharp and personable. In the morning, the breakfast workers were cheerful and happily responsive to special requests. Their smiles and excellent attitudes are a big key to what makes this hotel transcend the norm; very much appreciated by this guest. The breakfast spread itself is generous, considering your rack rate. I'm vegan and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious hot oatmeal (help yourself to pecans, raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar), along with the fresh fruit, juices, breads, bagels and peanut butter. Two quibbles: no mugs, only paper cups. And the hot water carafe was usually luke-warm by the time this tea-drinker appeared.

All in all? Excellent. Candlewood up the road has genuine one-bedroom suites and full kitchen facilities in the room for a few bucks more, but you can't beat the price at SpringHill - or the superb service. One more note: I wouldn't try to stay here without access to a car. Nor would I defy death by trying to play human Frogger to get to the mall just across the interstate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank markp65
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a nice change from the dive we stayed in last year! Comfy beds! suite had lots of room! Super Close to the FWY. They met our needs for our family! The only thing they could improve is have do not disrupt signs in room-had to go to the front desk and ask for one.
Will stay here again!