SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
$100
$87
$75
Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$52
$327
$305
Westin.com
$327
$309
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix North(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$114
Agoda.com
$476
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsfrontage roadoatmealbreakfast buffet was ampletoilet tubfront deskfresh fruitwaffle makerbarrett jacksoncastles and coastersmorning breakfast isrestaurants in walking distancesausage pattiesthird floorwork spacepull out sofasecurity guardlarge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

On a family trip to Phoenix, my family stayed at this hotel. We were a bit confused when, on the first day, the entire parking lot surrounding the hotel was abandoned. We were a bit worried about whether the hotel was operating, so we called them, after which we heard the parking lot was being redone, so we had to park in the neighboring hotel's parking lot. It would have been easier if there had been some sort of signage informing us of that. Once we got in the hotel, it was pretty nice. The room comfortable fit a large family, which was nice. The pool area was very nice, though overlooking a jogging trail and busy road, making it more noisy than relaxing. We were usually the only one's using the pool, which made it nice. The breakfast was very good and clean. One minor annoyance was that despite the hotel seeming very empty, we got placed next to family that had the TV on whenever we were trying to sleep. Sound travels very easily through the walls of the hotel.

I'd probably return to this hotel again, but it would be nice if they could fix these minor issues. The hotel building itself is very nice, but they need to work on informing customers of work.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
PhoenixSHS, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Kongrui,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the hotel's accommodations and services provided a positive experience and met your family's needs.
I understand your concern upon your arrival and apologize for any inconvenience that was caused. Our hotel will focus more on informing our guests during special projects in the future to alleviate any inconveniences. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you during your return visit.

William Southern, General Manager

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. I find good value in the SpringHill brand and this property did not disappoint. I find the SpringHill accommodations are really not suites, but large rooms and this property would be the same. When I think of a suite I think of the dictionary definition - " a connected series of rooms to be used together" but in the SpringHill's I find they are usually one big room laid out in sections - this was not any different. Having said that it was a large comfortable room and the "suite" with sink, fridge and microwave is very functional for an extended stay.
What really impressed me were the Customer Service skills of the staff. All (and I mean all) greeted you with a good morning or a good evening and always a smile. It was close to Fairmont quality Customer Service and that for me, says a lot. There were very attentive to any needs and the breakfast area was always spotless. They were always replacing offerings and constantly cleaning. Even the manager got in the act when the place was busy. My benchmark is the cleanliness of the liquid waffle machine ( a gooey concoction found these days in most complimentary breakfast offerings) - normally a mess at most hotels. This was consistently the cleanest and most attractive ever experienced.
The hotel is close to the Metro Mall and it offers a wide variety of places to eat in the evening. I had no issues at all with noise despite the proximity to Interstate 17.
A well managed property where people genuinely care - a hotel I would stay at again and recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NSTraveller493
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel has soothing turquoise and green colors throughout. The room surprised me with their kitchen/office area; sitting area (with a sofa bed if needed); and the sleeping area (we had 2 queen beds). Nicer than I was expecting. Plus free wi-fi. Breakfast was the usual ho-hum with cereal, bagels, waffles, etc. I have to say, I am tired of places having a selection of only 1% or 2% milk. Especially when they serve (slightly watery) oatmeal, which deserves cream or at least regular milk.

Close to lots of stuff if you need to be in North Phoenix - right at the Black Canyon Conference Center.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank capoppy55
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have stayed at the nearby Courtyard and wasn't overly impressed so the next time I was in the area I decided to stay at this property. Rooms are fine, decor trendy and hip, HVAC worked fine. Flat screen TV. Very good internet connection. Room and linens clean. Housekeeping seemed good. Rooms have a clothes rack vs. an actual closet and there is a single drawer bureau that doubles as a TV stand. Rooms have a strange shape, which breaks up the room nicely, but also makes it difficult where to put suitcases etc. if you have multiply travelers in your room. The lobby area is going through a remodel which has relocated the breakfast area and business center. No big deal but I believe that hotels should be required to disclose this information to anyone making a reservation. The breakfast looked weak and unappetizing and due to the remodel you get the pleasure of eating it in two emptied guest rooms filled with tables. Other than the remodel issues I would stay at this property and it's conditions are much improved than previous reviews would indicate.

Room Tip: Get a room away from I-17
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed with a group of friends (7 rooms) from Oct 27-30. We got a supposedly group rate, but the rate on the web site was the same as the one we got. It was a good rate, but this was a case pretty much of "you get what you pay for." We do not normally stay in Marriott Hotels, but decided to go with what the group was doing. All in all, it wasn't too bad. We arrived after 3:00 which is supposed to be check-in time, but our room wasn't ready so we had to wait for a bit. They are redoing the lobby, so that area is boarded up. The boarded up area also includes the breakfast area. It seems as though the remodel is to last until December. Seems like a long time for a remodel so it is possible it will be finished before then. Check their web site for information on this if you plan to stay here. The rooms were fine, nothing special but not bad either. They had really decent pillows, which is usually not the case. They appeared to have been updated recently. The breakfast was not worth much in my opinion. They had sausage, what I call "plastic" scrambled eggs, waffles and assorted juices, cereal, bagels, english muffins and a sweet roll. Because of the lobby and breakfast area being remodeled, they had the breakfast set up in what used to be the fitness center. So, no fitness center. Also, the waffles were in a separate room which was not very convenient. They have converted two rooms into rooms for eating breakfast and one of these rooms holds what they call the business center--a computer and printer. All in all, it was not a bad experience. I would recommend this hotel to friends, if breakfast was not important. For the price you could probably eat breakfast elsewhere. By the way, the hotel calls itself "SpringHill Suites by Marriott Phoenix North, not Metrocenter Mall/I-17 as shown on this site. May have been a name change?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends