“Great value and excellent Customer Service”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Halifax, Canada
“Great value and excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. I find good value in the SpringHill brand and this property did not disappoint. I find the SpringHill accommodations are really not suites, but large rooms and this property would be the same. When I think of a suite I think of the dictionary definition - " a connected series of rooms to be used together" but in the SpringHill's I find they are usually one big room laid out in sections - this was not any different. Having said that it was a large comfortable room and the "suite" with sink, fridge and microwave is very functional for an extended stay.
What really impressed me were the Customer Service skills of the staff. All (and I mean all) greeted you with a good morning or a good evening and always a smile. It was close to Fairmont quality Customer Service and that for me, says a lot. There were very attentive to any needs and the breakfast area was always spotless. They were always replacing offerings and constantly cleaning. Even the manager got in the act when the place was busy. My benchmark is the cleanliness of the liquid waffle machine ( a gooey concoction found these days in most complimentary breakfast offerings) - normally a mess at most hotels. This was consistently the cleanest and most attractive ever experienced.
The hotel is close to the Metro Mall and it offers a wide variety of places to eat in the evening. I had no issues at all with noise despite the proximity to Interstate 17.
A well managed property where people genuinely care - a hotel I would stay at again and recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank NSTraveller493

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ouarzazate, Morocco
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel has soothing turquoise and green colors throughout. The room surprised me with their kitchen/office area; sitting area (with a sofa bed if needed); and the sleeping area (we had 2 queen beds). Nicer than I was expecting. Plus free wi-fi. Breakfast was the usual ho-hum with cereal, bagels, waffles, etc. I have to say, I am tired of places having a selection of only 1% or 2% milk. Especially when they serve (slightly watery) oatmeal, which deserves cream or at least regular milk.

Close to lots of stuff if you need to be in North Phoenix - right at the Black Canyon Conference Center.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank capoppy55
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have stayed at the nearby Courtyard and wasn't overly impressed so the next time I was in the area I decided to stay at this property. Rooms are fine, decor trendy and hip, HVAC worked fine. Flat screen TV. Very good internet connection. Room and linens clean. Housekeeping seemed good. Rooms have a clothes rack vs. an actual closet and there is a single drawer bureau that doubles as a TV stand. Rooms have a strange shape, which breaks up the room nicely, but also makes it difficult where to put suitcases etc. if you have multiply travelers in your room. The lobby area is going through a remodel which has relocated the breakfast area and business center. No big deal but I believe that hotels should be required to disclose this information to anyone making a reservation. The breakfast looked weak and unappetizing and due to the remodel you get the pleasure of eating it in two emptied guest rooms filled with tables. Other than the remodel issues I would stay at this property and it's conditions are much improved than previous reviews would indicate.

Room Tip: Get a room away from I-17
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jonathan F
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed with a group of friends (7 rooms) from Oct 27-30. We got a supposedly group rate, but the rate on the web site was the same as the one we got. It was a good rate, but this was a case pretty much of "you get what you pay for." We do not normally stay in Marriott Hotels, but decided to go with what the group was doing. All in all, it wasn't too bad. We arrived after 3:00 which is supposed to be check-in time, but our room wasn't ready so we had to wait for a bit. They are redoing the lobby, so that area is boarded up. The boarded up area also includes the breakfast area. It seems as though the remodel is to last until December. Seems like a long time for a remodel so it is possible it will be finished before then. Check their web site for information on this if you plan to stay here. The rooms were fine, nothing special but not bad either. They had really decent pillows, which is usually not the case. They appeared to have been updated recently. The breakfast was not worth much in my opinion. They had sausage, what I call "plastic" scrambled eggs, waffles and assorted juices, cereal, bagels, english muffins and a sweet roll. Because of the lobby and breakfast area being remodeled, they had the breakfast set up in what used to be the fitness center. So, no fitness center. Also, the waffles were in a separate room which was not very convenient. They have converted two rooms into rooms for eating breakfast and one of these rooms holds what they call the business center--a computer and printer. All in all, it was not a bad experience. I would recommend this hotel to friends, if breakfast was not important. For the price you could probably eat breakfast elsewhere. By the way, the hotel calls itself "SpringHill Suites by Marriott Phoenix North, not Metrocenter Mall/I-17 as shown on this site. May have been a name change?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank GrandySandi
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Not what I expected from a Marriot hotel. The hotel was a little bit outdated, the room that we stayed the toilet had problems and the air conditioner made a lot of noise, the bed was uncomfortable, needed a new mattress. The receptionist was very nice and helpful. Free internet, parking, good location and breakfast included.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Good grief, did we stay at the same place as the person who said it was dirty? Our room, the grounds, the pool, the breakfast area, everything we saw was neat and clean. We were four adults who chose the hotel for location and to use reward points - but we were not disappointed. From check-in to check-out our experience was great - the staff was awesome (thanks Charles, Perla and Thomas) and the accommodations were perfect. Our room was clean and neat and every request (extra towels, etc) was met immediately. We stayed three nights and there were several young sports teams in the hotel every night - we never heard the kids, and when we ran into them in the breakfast room in the morning, they were extremely polite young people (even when their parents, coaches weren't there). We had a wonderful experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the property to others and would stay again if we were in the area. We were so impressed that we've booked a Marriott Springhill Suite in New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Arizona
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I had requested a feather-free room with the reservation. I had to wait 20 minutes for the room to be prepared, and in the meantime the front desk was left unattended as apparently there was only 1 attendant on duty at 8:30 pm. While waiting, I noticed the extremely dirty carpeting in the halls and the overwhelming "aromatherapy" fan in the poorly-equipped fitness room, which made it impossible to use. The hotel is right next to the freeway, the windows are not doubled, and there is no way to keep the ventilating fan on constantly to serve as gray noise. The fan is only on if you are heating or cooling the room AT THAT MOMENT. The room doors close extremely loudly, so I was awakened each night by late arrivals at 1:00 a.m. Will never return.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business