Book In Advance

from $49.00
from $159.00
from $299.50
2,382 results
All reviews echo canyon great hike challenging hike bring water great workout hiking shoes lots of water double black diamond coming down trail head worth the effort worth the climb rock climbing parking spot start early wear good shoes decent shape
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

I hiked Camelback last year with my friend early morning to avoid the afternoon heat. The trail head is located off Invergordon Road (64th St) off Cholla Lane. Street parking is minimal so plan accordingly. The summit is at an elevation of 2707 feet and it can take up to 2 hours round trip. You must bring a backpack with at least 3 bottles of water since this hike is very difficult if you are not an avid hiker. The last part of the hike you have to scramble to get to the zenith so bring gloves if necessary. Also, I recommend dressing accordingly. Hiking shoes are a must since the terrain has loose rocks and the surface is uneven. I also packed snacks such as granola bars, bananas and energy bars to keep up with my stamina. If you want to enjoy the view at the summit, bring a pair of binoculars. Overall this hike was moderate for me since I'm an avid hiker, but it can be very difficult for those who are not experience hikers.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed June 5, 2019

There are beautiful views here. Lots of people out walking and enjoying the scenery. We drove up a little so we could see the beautiful houses and the city.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Our first in new RV and it was nice and quiet with a gorgeous sunset at night. The camping was down at the bottom of the mountain

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

There are tons of hikes in Phoenix to do but if you’re visiting this is the Runyon Canyon of Arizona. It’s a challenging hike with 360 degree views and a place for good people watching along the way. Then head straight to old town for drinks and brunch. See my site for more hikes in the area.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

My 23 year old daughter and I (48) hiked Cholla trail mid morning today. (The hardest part was the ride there with a lyft driver who didn’t quite know where he was going and we ended up on a detour with some pretty spectacular homes.) We both wore our chacos which worked just as well as they did in Hawaii. If you are fit and prepared with water, you will love the adventure and the gorgeous views! Was great way to spend a mother / daughter day!

Date of experience: May 2019