“vegan vegetarian”

Ranked #470 of 3,113 Restaurants in Phoenix
Tempe, Arizona
“vegan vegetarian”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

After long time, because I was in the area I was able to visit this restaurant, that for a moment was close for remodeling the kitchen. I was there for lunch and the experience was very positive.
Excellent service, nice atmosphere, warm reception and good healthy vegetarian with a reasonable price with a small soup included for starting. I choose the eggplant dish and was very good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ferdipet

“Just ok”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

The food's not terrible, but not amazing either. If you're looking for a vegan restaurant in the west valley this is really about the only option, however in the east valley Green is much more delicious. Our favorite dish here is the lemongrass "chicken." They use a lot of fake meat, TVP type stuff, its in most dishes. The atmosphere has a weird vibe. I attribute that mainly to the fact that they have televisions right next to each table that are broadcasting the Supreme Master Ching Hai's television channel on a constant stream.

Phoenix, Arizona
“You won't believe there's no meat !”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The food is terrific! Vegan menu. A favorite is the Hawaiian Burger, but I have not found any dishes to be less than 100% fresh and very tasty. I come occasionally when on the East side of town and have never left disappointed.

If you get the beet-carrot juice, make sure to ask for extra beet juice.

Service is unflaggingly friendly and cheerful.

A poster on the West wall depicts famous vegans and vegetarians, lending some history to the vegan theme. Otherwise the hospital white and bare interior design may seem oddly spartan for a sit down establishment.

Caveats:
1) Understaffed every time I have visited.
2) Hours are sporadic - check before going when they are open.
3) Good food takes time. Please don't expect to rush.

Kudos:
1) Very modest prices.
2) Fresh vegetable juices and the lemonade is amazing.
3) No msg !
4) Some yummy vegan desserts - worth taking home if you are full.

One of my favorite restaurants. ;-)

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, AZ
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have recently changed our eating habits and were pleased to find this place close to my office. We went for lunch and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious, and everything was very fresh. The prices were far less than we thought they would be and we found ourselves full before we even finished. This will become a regular lunch haunt for me! The iced tea was made fresh (I even got to pick what kind of tea bag they would use!), and my husband enjoyed carrot and beet juice. It was all really delightful.

• Visited August 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“My favorite vegetarian restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I absolutely love this place. I drive from Mesa to eat here because the food is so good! Try the lemon grass "chicken" it's the best!

• Visited April 2013