“Can I bring my own chips next time??”
Review of Sonora Mesquite Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sonora Mesquite Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Can I bring my own chips next time??”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I brought some friends here for some tacos and chips and guac. Everything we had was absolutely delicious. Everything, except for the chips. Not only were they stale, but they made us buy a second basket when we finished the first (seriously?!) My gf had the fish tacos and they were very tasty, albeit on the small side. I had the vegetarian burrito bowl which was actually better than a Chipotle burrito bowl if you ask me (I know, that's blasphemy for some). I will return again, just not for the chips.

• Visited June 2012

Denton, Texas
“Little obsure piece of heaven!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stumbled across this place on the way to the Airport. It is located behind a national chain eatery and next to a nail salon in a strip shopping center. On entering I noticed how clean the establishment was. We were greeted by the family matriarch and the mom of the owner, Selene, she is the cook. Orders are placed at the register. I had the Carne Asado Tacos. We found a seat and were served chips and three varieties of salsa: red chile, tomillito and mesquite roasted green chile. All different, all homemade, all were delicious. Our lunch was served to us within 10 minutes and was delicious. The meat was tender, tasted of the smoke of mesquite wood and was not greasy. The rice was tender and well seasoned (every cook makes their rice differently) and the frijoles were tender, cooked to perfection and lightly seasoned. I chose corn tortillas for my tacos, they were tender yet held together well. I would eat here given the chance again and would recommend to a friend.

• Visited April 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

An unassuming restaurant in a strip mall, with amazing, fabulous food. We found it through Lonely Planet Arizona. Worth the trip. Fish tacos to die for, four different types of homemade salsa, mesquite roasted vegetables, and the owner was friendly and helpful.

Don't go for the atmosphere, go for the food. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Not the average Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Me and a friend from work visited this place due to a Groupon my friend had purchased. The owner was very friendly and greated us immediately. She explained that everything is made from scratch everyday. That day they had tortilla soup that several people ordered. I ordered the schrimp burrito and it was amazing, it had nice big grilled shrimp, not the little ones you get at most places. She also gave us three different sauces that were made from scratch that were amazing. The owner stated that nothing she uses has preservatives and she makes all the food fresh every morning. The table next to us was raving that the fish tacos were the best they ever had. My friend ordered the torta ( a sandwich), she said that was very good as well. We will definitely be visiting this place more often. Very light, non greasy delicious Mexican food. Burrito's were about $8.

• Visited January 2012