“Taylor's Rocks for Breakfast!”
Review of Taylor's Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taylor's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Just a general, great cafe/restaurant I can't believe TripAdvisor doesn't list in your lineup!
Austin, Texas
“Taylor's Rocks for Breakfast!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

You'll have to look to find Taylor's Cafe but find it and you'll LOVE it! Only open for from breakfast until just after lunch, Taylor's offers a wonderful variety of breakfast burritos and traditional fare. My favorite is the Huevos Rancheros. A huge wheat tortilla, maybe 12", is filled with refried beans, folded in half, covered with 3 eggs made you way, and finished off with a tasty tomatillo sauce and chips. A better chip would make this dish perfect but that's a minor thing. If you're a fan of Huevos, this is a must. Ask for John for great service.

Washington
“Not as good as previous visits”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Whenever I visit Phoenix, I try to stop in a Taylors for either breakfast or lunch. It was always one of my favorites. The past two times, once for breakfast and once for lunch---both several months apart--were very disappointing. Every restaurant can have an "off" day, but I don't know if I want to put Taylor's on my list for my next visit. On both occasions, we were treated as if we weren't welcome. The food was also mediocre at best. Will I give them another chance--probably, but only because of fond memories!

• Visited April 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Reliable Place We Frequent Often, and for Good Reason...”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We've probably eaten breakfast, brunch or lunch there a few dozen times. NEVER had a bad, or even a disappointing meal there. The staff is always attentive and courteous; if a mistake has been made its immediately corrected. The menu is extensive -- dozens of breakfast choices, salads and sandwiches. The prices are pretty fair too, although me and the friend I always go there with haven't had a bill under 30-bucks. We just limit ourselves to going there 8-10 times a year.

Bring your dog too -- they've got great outdoor seating, when it's not 110-degrees outside!

The ONLY negative thing I'll say about Taylor's is that they really need to do something about the acoustics there; when crowded (which happens more often then not) it's pretty hard on the ears especially if it's in the peak morning hours.

• Visited September 2011