“Acceptable Stay”

Ranked #125 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Illinois City, Illinois
“Acceptable Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a week and there is a weekly rate. The hotel is close to I-10 so you can get on the expressway to go anywhere in the Phoenix area. The room had a small TV with limited channels and cleanliness was fair. The room service was supposed to be every two or three days since I had the room for a week but my garbage was only emptied once and my towels were only changed out once. The hotel had two ice machines but only one was working and the one that did work only had ice half the time because everyone was using the only operating ice machine. There is not too much around the near area for food except a McDonalds within walking distance. The staff was pleasant and the room was what you should expect at a Motel 6, a reasonable price without the extras at other hotels. I would stay there again if I wanted to save money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jagertime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed the night of January 23, 2012 after a 500 mile road trip. As we were falling asleep at 10:30pm, we heard the sound of two diesel truck engines right outside our window. Soon, we heard mechanical noises and work crews shouting to each other. I went outside and found two High Desert Communications boom trucks working on a cell tower 20 feet from the building. I asked the crew foreman how I was supposed to sleep through this, and he said there was nothing I could do because they could work there anytime, but would be finished by Midnight. Instead, the work continued all night with shouting, truck engines and boom noises right outside my room. I complained (loudly - my bad) to the Motel manager and I got credit for a free night's stay - thanks. Shame on High Desert Communications for ruining my stay and that of others. The Motel 6 manager said High Desert never contacts Motel 6 before starting work, even at night. I recommend you not stay here until the cell tower gets removed.

Room Tip: Avoid the back side of the motel near the "Palm Tree" cell tower.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom F

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

stayed here for several nights and found it to be a very good buy. The room was clean,and comfortable.It is a Motel 6 , so if you are expecting the Ritz you will be disappointed. I have been to some awful Motel 6s and this one is far better than the average. I found the staff friendly and pleasant, the lady in charge of the desk most mornings was charming and friendly. I really have no complaint other than the unpleasant night security guy who is obviously way more impressed with his authority than anyone else is, I found him rude, needlessly unpleasant and his Barney Fife attitude is hardly a credit to an otherwise nice motel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank CaliforniaJacks_man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

A clean and convenient property. Great value for the money at under $40 a night. New mattresses and quiet AC units made for a good nights rest. The two factors which were a disappointment were both related to staff not having the knowledge they needed and making false statements. I had only two specific requests at check in. First that I needed internet access. Second that I wanted to leave my suitcase after check out so I could attend a nearby meeting without dragging my luggage along as I was using public transportation. They said yes on both counts. However, the internet wasn't working and evidently hadn't been in some time. At check out , the manager in duty said in fact I could not leave my bag which created a huge problem for me.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Roaddogg800
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Property seemed fairly well kept. Room was clean. Heating/cooling worked well. McDonalds and Burger King were very close. Coffee in lobby in the morning. Would definately stay there again.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

Well,
This motel 6 was nice, but not as nice as the ones we stayed in on Broadway and Scottsdale Road. they are so dog friendly with nice lawn areas and close by places to eat and drink. The room was bigger, but the bathroom could have used a little plaster and fix up. The AC was super cold and as usual, the people that checked me in were very friendly. We were surrounded by other hotels. It was tough to find a bar and grill within a few miles. Fast food readily available around us. All in all, it's a good place to sleep, but just did not have the stuff my owner and I look for when we try to get away for a night. But then, can we really complain. I stay free!! It is close to an amusement park if you have kids

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelerWithDog
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have read the other reviews and I guess that they were older reviews. My room appeared to have been redecorated as well as the others. The linens were white and the room wa clean. It was an excellent value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business