“Absolutely worth trying! ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: British, Pub, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix, Arizona
“Absolutely worth trying! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Decided to go full on English at The Codfather. I had the cod & chips, a Tetley's English draft beer (earthy & delicious) & the potato & onion pie. Food is fabulous. My husband had the catfish & chips. So much food! Very generous portion, friendly staff & a little British store too (flake bars are my favorite! ) a definite do again!

1 Thank sparkysgrl

Tempe, Arizona
“A Cod I Couldn't Refuse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've had fish & chips in England and this place is authentic to your causal chip shop. You're not going to find Gordon Ramsay in the kitchen but they hold their own. They offer a variety of fish, even mahi-mahi which is surprising good. The beer list is very good, it rivals many. There is a small British gift shop with some good finds. We will go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TheJimmyco
AZ
“Below Average Fish & Chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Been here before, but some years back, so thought I'd try again.

If you never had good Fish & Chips (fries) you might find it okay.

Portions are small for the price and I found the fish batter to be greasy. They give you a small bowl of crisps (chips) but they're very salty. Photos show lemons on the plate, but none arrived.Tried a scotch egg as I hadn't had one for years; it'l be years again if this is the only place I can get one.
They have an extensive drink menu at fair prices. Sign said "Happy Hour." 3-7, but not what it was.
If you're having a meat dish, ask for HP sauce it'll improve your meal.
They have a small selection of English grocery products for sale, but grossly overpriced.
There are far better choices for "Fish & Chips" in North Phoenix. You'll spend less, get more, and better food. Surprised I gave it 3 buttons.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FishAZ
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Haddock or Cod- can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

My family and I love this place. We really like fish and chips and they do it right. I think I might prefer the haddock but the cod is great too. It's simple and tasty. The beer selection is good. I like trying a different English brew on tap with my fish and chips. Great local place!

• Visited January 2014
Invergordon, United Kingdom
“English Fish & Chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The cod & chips was okay but nothing special, it is also a bit on the small side even if you take the bigger size of fish, the chips are just frozen chips and most certainly not like you get back in the UK. I most certainly have had a lot better fish & chips. The sausage rolls are good but at least a $1 overpriced as is the bread pudding. A good selection of UK foods but also way overpriced but I suppose that is the price you pay for imported goods. The service was okay but the waitress kept taking out your next course before you were even finished your previous one. I wouldn't go out of my way to drive from Chandler to go again.

• Visited December 2013